Friday, August 31, 2007

Getting ready for a quiet day tomorrow.
rainy night later on.


Lavender Linen Water

Here are recipes for your home that I thought you might enjoy trying.
You can make the linen closet smell like spring all year long and freshen up your bed before sleep too.
This is a lovely way to make your house more of a welcoming home. I love to use scents that relax the mind and body.
Lavendar essential oil is great if you are having problems with sleep. You just rub a drop or two onto the soles of your footsies and off you go to dreamland.

1 teaspoon (100 drops) lavender essential oil
5-10 drops peppermint, spearmint or rosemary essential oil (optional)
2 oz. 80+ proof vodka
24 oz. distilled water

Pour essential oils and vodka into a bottle, cap and shake to emulsion. Mix with distilled water.

It will cloud up but it will clear after a bit so don't worry.

Shake well before each use.

Another recipe looks like this:

Essential oil (try lavender or rose for traditional scents, jasmine or plumeria blossom for exotic scents)
90 ml (approx. 3oz)non-flavoured, high proof vodka
750 ml (approx. 25 oz) distilled water

Lavendar repells moths but you can also use plumeria and other scents like jasmine or rose, violet!
Make it suit your fancy. I hope you get some good use from this.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Annie! When we (blog friends) were doing "Homework" I gave an assignment to grow herbs and post recipes, etc... Some people used lavender. It's a very calming scent! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavendar. I will sure try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this recipe. I have lavender in the yard and it is amazing the number of butterflies it attracts. I was hoping snails would crawl on by it but, alas, they don't.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.