Thursday, May 8, 2008

Looking out Back


Scotch Broom in bloom. Hey I am a poet and don't know it! There are four of these. Two bright yellow, one pale yellowy white and the red-orange that will bloom a bit later. They have a smell that wafts over the entire garden. Scotch broom is large too. These bushes will reach about 8 feet in height.
Mom, Dad and goslings head out for an afternoon swim. I saw about 5 families of them doing likewise. It is sweet to see the ducks and geese going off like this as a family.
They let me get pretty close .
Good thing I can swim :)

3 comments:

  1. Spring is one of my favorite times...the fragrant blooms,the flirty birdsong and the dear, fuzzy hatchlings in family group activities...such a hopeful time .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.