Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reproductions


frazzled



This is a photo I found on the internet and which I reproduced by painting.

Here is my rendition of the photo of the ship above. You will have to click on it to enlarge it to see it I think.




Though I love doing it, I don't often reproduce or retouch photos. But in this case I did and also here in this redo of a photo of Mrs. Glanz a Jewish holocaust victim who touched my heart so much. Her photo was part of an exposition of personal photos of concentration camp victims at Yeshiva University in New York City.


Here is the original very damaged in its original sepia tones.

You can click on them to enlarge them to their real sizes.



here is my painting of Mrs. Hilda Glanz.

I did several other redos of photos of holocaust victims also, such as a wedding photo of a young couple that was very weathered and didnt do them justice anymore.




She looked so happy in the photo with her little dogs and then she was killed and for what?



I suppose I try to honor their memory in this way.


Well I just thought I would share them with you.


Sometimes when I surf the web and see people who hate their photos, I redo them. I rarely give them to the person.. usually delete them after as I don't wish anyone to think I am intruding.

4 comments:

  1. I love the photos and painting. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Annie, You are very talented. I love the one with the ship on the water. Very nice :) I know that the baby will be cute in his jersey and I can't wait to see what he looks like in person. I have this "vision" in my head. Only a couple more months to go... Have a wonderful rest of the week. Huggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie - you are blessed with such artistic talent. What a great honor to the memory of the holocaust victims - that is so very sweet of you.

    I loved your '20 favorite things of Autumn' - you truly captured all that is good about this season. It is my favorite!

    Thank you for all the sweet things you say about Elliot & Emily. Yes, Emily is darling - we are so blessed to have them. I thank you also for your prayers for them & us as we try to win custody. It means so much to me Annie.

    Have a wonderful day! Thank you for sharing yourself via your blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! You did a great job on the sea and the sky! Your touching up reminds me that my mom used to do that to old photos... but that was a long time ago and she did it with paints. Have a great rest of the week and weekend! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.