Friday, January 2, 2009

Surprise Weekend





Another week came quickly and went just as quickly. Holidays in the middle of a week make me think that it's a weekend and Friday just took me by surprise.

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and bought a couple of books. We had a nice time just browsing around. The place was filled with people too and it was difficult to find a parking space there even with the parking lot as large as it is.
Having read almost all the books I have, I wanted to get something new. I am about finished with the biography 'Lincoln' and done completely with 'Age of Confidence'.






I got a Spenser for Hire novel by Robert Parker, one of his newer ones in paperback
I have read a lot of his novels.
I am more the non fiction biography/religion/history reader really, but I do like the Spenser series and I used to read Agatha Christie too.




I also found a book about the Lincoln family up to its final member. They didn't fare too well as a family.
I have been wondering of late about the old adage, "live by the sword, die by the sword" and wondering how true that might be. What do you think?

I am looking at all the incidences of men and nations involved in war and what the outcomes were afterward for their lives and history. So far it's not looking too good.


I hope this end of the week is looking good for you , however.
How are things in your neck of the woods? Is the weather nice? Its a bit snowy here. It blows in a bit, melts and the sun reappears , nothing that sticks really....so far that is.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Annie :)

    The weather here in Ohio has been unusually warm after days of snow, but just a few minutes ago we had a frost warning, so I'm hoping for snow :)

    Happy New Year!
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! We are chilly here for us but looking to warm up into the 70's later in the week. I have a B&N gift card so I need to go buy a book even tho I still have a stack to go thru. Both my husband, Jeff, and my son, Justin, are avid readers so I always have a full plate of suggestions. I alternate between heavy- The Road- and light- Shopaholic- type books. :) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today dawns sunny and cold...good for wooly sweaters,fireplaces and cocoa...Have a splendid day !!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.