Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rainy Day

AT THE SHORE
Wind Speed: 15 knots
Wind Direction: SE
Sea State: Moderate chop
Condition: Head high
Ocean Temp: 44 F
Wave Height: 5 ft.



Waves today are 5 feet over head. which means from 11 to 12 feet. But this one below is a monster more than twice that I would think.




I apologize for the poor quality of these photos but I took them from the
beach cam. It actually lets you do that.

This photo shows surfers doing their thing.
They wear wetsuits in the winter for warmth.
Surfers don't care that the weather is bad today. They are out there anyway.
Waves here don't break far out from shore, they break almost right on shore most of the time.








This is one of the lights on the road by the beach side.
I thought this made a nice photo. I zoomed in close.

The cam goes all over up and down the beach and has nifty zoom lens capabilities. Its not top o'the line however so quality is grainy. Still you can get some nice scenes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I love the photos that you share. I think the ones taken by the cam are great. I didn't realize that you could do that.

    I used to eat tomatoes right off the vine as a child too. They were 'so' good! Unlike the tasteless ones that you can now buy. I have heard Kelly (on Live With Regis & Kelly) say that NJ is famous for corn & tomatoes - now you confirm it. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water is so beautiful ! The fragrant Spring winds somehow make me feel so alive and connected to this wonderful time ! Have a splendid day ...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.