Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Again?


riday!
Wow, it seems to have come very fast this week but and the sky is clear, bright blue today without a cloud in sight. It's 61°F outside, not warm but not shabby either and as I am not a fan of high temperatures or humidity, this is just fine with me.

Things are blooming in the yard now. The lilacs are opening and the apple trees, both the macintosh and the ornamental Praire Fire are blossoming. The Macintosh is a bit straggly and not as full as I would like. He might need fertilizer. Growing in this sandy soil presents problems without top soil additions and lots of fertilizer.

Soon the Wisteria will be in bloom. It has grown wild up into trees and though I cut it back in the early fall, by late April it covers over the top of my backyard succah and makes a flowering roof.

As the succah gets older I will remove it's sides and just use it as an arbor for the wisteria to cover.

You can click on Mr. Lilac there to see it full sized.
I hope your weekend is lovely and relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Annie!
    Happy Friday. :-) Your lilacs are gorgeous! Lilacs are my favorite flower. Ours will be in full bloom soon. YAY!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is it Friday-now Saturday here-April is almost gone. Where did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie! Gorgeous photo of your lilac. I can almost smell it from here. :) 60's is too cold for me... I like upper 70's and 80's but SoCal is more desertlike so we seldom have high humidity unless there's some hurricanes brewing down by Baja California. Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.