Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Pond

All the creatures that inhabit and use the pond seem happy this year.The heat and humidity don't bother them much. Frogs ribbit in the evening, much to my delight and join the orchestra of cicadas and crickets who provide " a little night music".
Mr Frog thought a phony lily flower I had bought some years ago and now much the worse for wear was a good spot to take a boat ride 'round the big pond.
The big pond is 4 feet deep and as large as a small room.. 9X12. Not as large as I would like but enough.
Right now it is a bit muddy but that will remedy itself shortly.


The front pond is full of frogs and baby fish and is where I plant my minature roses in pink, white, red and yellow.







6 comments:

  1. How cute is that frog? I love it. We get a few toad type things-I don't think they are frogs. Occasionally there is one in our pool. I love to hear their croaking at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize your pond is so large! No wonder it's such a busy place with all the joyful noise! I love the sound of water. We have a small waterfall in the backyard and a fountain off our kitchen. The birds come and drink from them. No, Jeff and I are never rested when we come home from a trip. We never kick back and relax. We are on the go all the time and usually don't even sleep that well so always are pooped when we get home. ;) The dogs really are just recovering now, too. We overdid it on the hike- especially for Kali. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie;

    That's a great pond. I could sit and watch the pond creatures for hours. Great photos! I love the one with the frog taking a ride on a fake lily pad. LOL! So cute! Have a lovely evening my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie,
    I didn't realize you had family so close to you! That is wonderful! I am very surprised how big your pond is too. It that lovely waterfall. Cute little froggies :) Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Hug, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie, what a beautiful pond!! I didn't realize it was that large...so it kind of like a small pool! The picture of the frog hiking a ride on the lily pad is just too cute! I so love reading here Annie - you are a wonderful writer! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto all the above. Gorgeous pond. Love your blog.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.