Friday, July 22, 2011

A Tropical Heat Wave

AT THE SHORE:
Wind Speed: 15 knots
Wind Direction: SW
Condition: Waist high
Sea State: Moderate chop
Ocean Temp: 77 F
Wave Height: 4 ft, UV Index: 9

♫♪♫♪ ♪ "We're having a heat wave,
A tropical heat wave,
The temperature's rising,
It isn't surprising,
She certainly can can-can.. ♫♪ ♪

We are cooler than the rest of the state which are sweltering inland. The humidity makes it hotter and no breeze leaves it feeling hard to breathe outside. I am safe and cool inside the house and have no plans on venturing outside for anything other than to feed the fish.
We are promised a thunder storm and that would be very nice indeed today and even tomorrow. Dark clouds are passing over at the moment, we will see what they bring along for us.
Stay cool, whatever you do.
If you are in the heat, keep those pulse points chilled down as best you can and sit by a fan with feet up , and sipping cold drinks.
Have you heard of the summer schools that have kids in class on days like this? Are they insane?
No, without air conditioning it is just nutty to have kids and teachers have to deal with that. I just would not let my kid go on days like this.  Poor teachers, what are they to do?
Birds are taking full advantage of my ponds today too. Bathing in the shallows to keep cool , calm and collected.
Have a wonderful weekend and please stay cool and safe.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    The hot weather all over the country is just horrific! We are so lucky to be in the high 70's here where I live and I live in the valley so it is much warmer than the westside near the beach they are having beautiful cool weather today. We are suppose to heat up on Sunday but so far a very mild Summer like last year. It seems that when the country is having a heatwave we enjoy cooler weather there must be a scientific reason I am sure. Hope you stay and stay cool. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, I enjoyed my visit tonight. I live around 1 from Dru so we have about the same weather. Well I am more inland so a little warmer. The sound in here makes me want to visit the beach which is about 45 minutes away. Sometime this summer. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie;

    Happy Monday and it is a lot happier today with much cooler weather and hopefully some decent rain. All I see out my windows are brown patchy grass and trees losing leaves from the horrible heat we've had.

    The authorities that be should have had the brains enough to close summer school classes until cooler weather but that would mean they had the brains to think. :P

    Have a lovely beginning of the week my friend. ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Annie, happy Monday! I see from your weather gadget that you are having heavy rain, so maybe the hot weather is gone now? We had a fab sunny weekend and reached 72 F degrees, yay! Now, if only the weather would keep like it for a while... your banner is very refreshing, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.