Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Autumn Thoughts

Swamp Maple in my front yard
I have bronchitis and was given the wrong meds so I am sicker than I should be right now. Grrr..
Also pharmacy didn't have my cough meds.. and I was too ill to think to ask them to call her for something else. All in all a bad day with incompetence all over the place.
I can hardly talk. Some might think that a good thing.

Today is my daughter's birthday. What a gem she is to me. I missed it since I am in self quarantine. I dont want the kids sick.
Autumn seems to draw more attention than most seasons. Is it the color?
One of my all time favorite movies is "You've Got Mail". I especially love this line:
Joe Fox: "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."
I like it because I love "bouquets" of pencils!
Then there are the autumn songs that capture the moment.

Two favorites.
(ocean sounds are at very bottom of blog and you can turn them down or off there)






6 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    So sorry about the misdiagnosis :( Hope you are on the mend and feel better soon. What about tomorrow?? You are going to celebrate with your family I hope? You shouldn't be contagious at this point. Sorry you missed you Granddaughters Birthday :( Hope you have a great Thanksgiving week and weekend.
    Big Holiday Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Annie. I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago and it also left me voiceless for a few days. A lot of rest made me feel better, and I hope you have the opportunity to rest and get better by Thanksgiving so you can celebrate with your family.

    Happy birthday to your daughter! My daughter's BD is tomorrow :)

    Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for blog friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! So sorry you have bronchitis :( Hope you will get well soon! Hope you will feel well enough for a bit of celebration tomorrow! :)
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love autumn too with the fall colors and cooler temps although we didn't get much in the way of color here-I think it was too warm. I hope you are well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got home from a couple days out of town with family for Thanksgiving. So sorry to come home to hear you have been sick and I sure hope you are much better now and were able to enjoy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie,
    Hope you are feeling better?? Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.