Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday


People are asking why the door is in the middle of the wall in the first place.
Well it is not my idea and I had no say in  planning out the place. so.. there you go. I certainly would have preferred to have that extra 3 feet of space for the room.

I explained in a previous post what it is for. I am not thrilled with it, but that's how things go and you work with what you have. 
I am going to cover it somehow , probably with a cabinet, because it is just not nice to have there and I need storage space also.



I have been busy writing, planning, getting ready to paint some furniture with homemade chalk paint and sorting through things to pack.
I was also terribly tired this week and had a tough time getting anything done really so posting was light as was visiting.
I hope to be back in the swing of things soon.

Have a lovely weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    I know why the door is there I was just curious that you were covering it up I guess it is of no use really while you are making a apt out of the area now. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment looks cozy, Annie, and I'm sure you will find use for the 3 feet of storage space, even if it is to store your out of season clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie;

    I know how you feel and it kept me away from posting for a week too. I hope you get some rest my friend. Have a good weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week was long and tiring, I think the cold weather played a role with that too. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, you're such a great artist, you could do a tromp l'oiel kinda like this one and transform that door into anything you want....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Annie, happy Sunday! :)
    Oh, I love Devorah idea of a trompe l'oeil on the door! :) And I am sure you would do a fab job with it! Hope the new week ahead will be cozy and relaxing for you.

    Sorry I did not reply sooner, I was thinking of writing a new post about it, but time is flying by, so... The beautiful cordial glasses are mine, yep. They are called Arlecchino. They are made of colored glass with decorations from gold leaves. They come from Murano (Italy) and they’ve been inspired by the 18th century production of that island. They are unique pieces. My mom gave them to me as a present one by one, a few years back, one for each special occasion till I had all 6 of them. They are at my parents’, back in Italy. They have never been used to drink anything yet. I was saving them for the day I would have been a mommy, but I guess it will never happen.

    Anyway, have a lovely evening and Monday ahead! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie, dropped in to say hi and hope all is well my friend. Have a lovely Monday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie! Stopping by to wish you a great week ahead! What is chalk paint? Sounds like something I would like as it seems like a cottage-like thing. :) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.