Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reading and Enjoying Sun

partly sunny tomorrow after another beautifully sunny day today!




   I am doing more reading as I lie around doing not much of anything. Trouble is I read fast and go through books like crazy. Then I reread them. Over and over again. Do you do that?

I am also following some good sense from Proverbs which is called Mishlei in the  bible and attempting to be merry as much as I can .
לֵב שָׂמֵחַ, יֵיטִיב גֵּהָה    וְרוּחַ נְכֵאָה, תְּיַבֶּשׁ-גָּרֶם  which means:
"A merry heart is a good medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones."
Laughter is a healer and a heart that is crushed or hurt does harm the body. Broken heart syndrome is very real.  
So, keeping the heart merry and keeping a good attitude can go a long way towards helping a person feel better and be better.  I also think its important to keep the needs of others in mind too. So I have stepped up my prayers for others.  Being ill or in trouble makes you worry about yourself a lot. But, it highlights how self can be put above others too much. So I have stepped up my prayer for others who have needs.
So here is a little joke (it's old I know) to put a smile on your face today:

Jack, the painter, wanted to make more money painting houses. So someone gave him the idea to thin his paint so it would go further. Using the thinned cheap paint Jack was able to put in the low bids, and , as a result always got the job. 
One day while he was up on the scaffolding -- the job almost finished -- he heard a horrendous clap of thunder, and the sky opened.
The downpour washed the thinned paint off many of the houses Jack had painted recently  and knocked Jack off the scaffold and down to the lawn.
Jack knew this was a warning from heaven, so he  cried out :   Forgive me! What should I do?”
And from the heavens, a voice said : “REPAINT YOU THINNER!”

 I hope your evening is happy and light hearted and tomorrow sunny and bright whatever the weather.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annie!
    You have a good attitude. That's neat how you have the Hebrew symbols... They are very artistic. That joke was new to me... Funny! Have a great rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are resting , my friend ! You are in my daily prayers for help and healing . Laughter is healing...there are even expensive therapies to teach how to "belly laugh"...supposedly the best medicine .My favorite is re-runs from The Carol Burnett Show .The chemistry between her , Harvey Korman and Tim Conway just takes my breath away...tears of laughter streaming down my face...great stuff ! Check out youtube,especially for the bit about "The Dentis" .
    Love this header and all your art . Thank you for all you do !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to laugh, I try to laugh at least once a day as you do feel better!

    Great attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.