Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Almost Summer

Can you believe that summer is now only a few days away?

June 21 is the summer solstice and the official start of summer .   It's been such a very chilly spring but the Farmer's almanac promises heat and little rain.  I hope they are wrong. Moderate heat and good rain would be better. Just please, no hurricanes this year!
First Rose of the year
I actually got to sit out in the yard this past weekend and watch my kids do yard work in the cottage garden here.  They did a beautiful job of chopping and cutting and removing vines and all that gardening entails.
They freed my soon to bloom gladiolas from weeds and vines. 
It was so good to sit in the warm sunshine after so long a time. It has been a few years since I was really able to do that.
There I was with my back brace and my bone stimulator on top of that. I looked like a high tech robot-person or something.
The dragon flies that love my ponds were very curious about us all and would land and stare at  us for long periods of time.  I have noticed they do that. I might be fooling myself but it does seem as though they are curious about things.
The famous anonymous kid helped me clean out my bedroom closet  Monday . I can't bend or stretch or twist but I could reach things with my extension wand and she did the lifting etc.   I was able to fill 8 kitchen bags with clothing and goodies for the Salvation Army and Good Will. 
When I lived out west my things would go to Deseret Industries. If you don't know, they are the LDS or Mormon charity wing.  They employ the unemployable, the handicapped etc and give them jobs refurbishing and then they sell what is donated at low-low prices in their huge stores. It is a win-win situation for everyone.  Their charity work is stellar!
Enough for today.. I have to do my exercises.
Have a lovely Wednesday everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Wednesday was a busy day at your house. Got lots done, huh? God bless your wonderful helpers. So glad you were able to enjoy the sunshine. There's many sunny days ahead for you! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up with my visiting and had lost track of what was going on with you. So good that you have special people to come over and help you. I hope that you are recovering well. Enjoy your lovely sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you had suffered so long with your problems. I am so very happy that the surgery was so successful and you are now able to enjoy things you have been missing. Enjoy every minute of life and rejoice.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.