Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baby Toofies and the Jersey Shore

 It was a nice weekend topped off with a trip to the Seaside boardwalk.  Many shops and restaurants are back up and running but the pier and amusements are gone and some parts of the boardwalk are still wrecked and cordoned off.
For those who don't know, Seaside is where "The Jersey Shore" was filmed and as is always usual with television, is nothing at all like the show.
None of the stars were from NJ, nothing they did was "Jersey" and the Jersey shore is a hugely popular vacation spot in spite of what that awful show made it out to look like.
It is popular because of the sugar sand, the clean, safe waters and lovely vacation homes available. Everything from modern to Victorian.  There are wonderful places to eat and enjoy  yourself.

There was talk over the weekend as to whether the baby would lose her 2nd front tooth and sure enough late Sunday night she did. She is now a gummy bear and an official pre-school graduate. She enters Kindergarten in the fall.
 Here is a photo of an extremely sleepy little gummy bear trying to smile and show her lost teeth.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    I never watched that show but of course heard about it. Only New Jersey shore I have seen was Atlantic City many years ago. My family were just there a month ago for a convention. The picture looks like she is crying showing her missing teeth. She is a cutie Annie. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the day. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, Hope the tooth fairy was good to your granddaughter. I bet she'll be singing "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth".

    Never watch that show. Those of us in Florida can relate to your Hurricane damage. What is ruined in a few minutes takes years to repair.

    Hope all goes well with you. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds just like a proud grandma ... as you should be. Glad you could get out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie;

    That's one show I definitely did not and would not watch. I've been to the Jersey shore many times with my family and loved it. It is beautiful.

    Your granddaughter is adorable! Love the missing 2 front teeth photo. :-) Have a lovely day ahead my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.