Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Fishy Life

Fish lead an interesting life.
I  used to wonder if they were ever bored but, I don't think so because too many exciting things happen to them  throughout their day.
Frogs annoy them, cranes and egrets wade around and try to eat them.   
They must hide and swim quickly to avoid garter snakes that sometimes come for a cool dip or a quick snack!
There are clams to gawk at in the sandy bottom and dragon flies coming in for landings on the tips of water plants.

There are rain storms to play about in. How they love to feel the rain.  Rain means a chance to leap and play about in the water as the drops splatter on the surface.It feels good on their bodies.     And, after the storm, the pond is filled to the very brim, a good chance to get good green algae on the rocks or a taste of grass leaning over the side.    A real treat!      The new elevation allows nose to nose contact with a chipmunk who has come for a drink. More adventure.
There is  bird watching  in the shallows when  they  come for their drink or for their daily bath.
There is the never ending cleaning job on the algae that they take very seriously, eating as fast as they can and enjoying every delicious green mouthful.

They play in the waterfall, chase bubbles, bask in the warm sun, leap to catch moths and flying insects and come crashing down into their pond again more gracefully than any dolphin ever did.
New comers to the pond are greeted and investigated just as in any neighborhood.
There are nooks and crannies and plant fronds to discover and explore. They take advantage of it all.

No, I don't think they are bored at all.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Annie!
    Great post!
    I often wonder about fish, birds, dogs, all kinds of animals and wonder if they get bored. No, I don't think they get bored.
    Take care, hope you are having a nice week.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, I have never given it much thought. I can relate more to dogs because I am a dog lover. I had hamsters and a guiena pig. They are all created by God so I guess we can ask Him one day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie, what a charming post! You're right, I don't think they are bored either. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post, Annie! I agree, I do not think they are bored either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie,
    I love your post about the fish! I agree they are not bored :) Hope you have a wonderful Thursday. By the way how far is that fire from you I am seeing on the news?? It looks scary!! Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.