Thank you ladies!
Otherwise I might be asking the same people over again.
Liebster is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers.
It is fun to answer the questions and a little challenge to come up with interesting facts about yourself so consider chiming in with your answers!
Official Rules:If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
1. Where were you born? New Jersey
2. What was the last thing you splurged on for yourself? Perfume.
3. What is the biggest thing in life that you regret? Getting married.
4. Do you take after your mom or your dad? Both. I have traits of both my parents.
5. Do you follow politics? Yes, but I think both parties are awful and very crooked.
6. Are you a happy person? Overall I am more happy than not!
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be more thoughtful.
8. How old are you? (come on, you can do it!) No, can't do it. In America you are legally old at 40 and it can be a problem in looking for work when employers look at your social media, etc. I am old enough to vote!
9. Have you figured out the meaning of life? I think the bible explains it as growing in the image of God.
10. What’s your favorite meal to cook? Beef with mushroom sauce over wild rice.
11. Who makes you the happiest? My kids
1. What is your favorite way to relax?
With a cup of tea/coffee by the water at night.
2. Do you live in the vicinity of where you grew up?
I live about 70 miles south of my hometown.
3. What is the best vacation you have been on? Going to the Poconos in the fall.
4. If you could live life over, what's the 'one' thing you would change?
I would want to not have spinal problems and the decades of pain I have endured.
5. Are you a night owl or a lark?
Both actually but I prefer being a lark.
6. What is your all time favorite TV show?
Whatever I like at the moment but nothing stands out over all. Right now I am enjoying Haven (Netflix) and Pretty Little Liars
7. Do you prefer reading on a device or reading an actual book?
Actual book. I have tons of them. But love the reader a friend gave me!
8. What is your favorite summer outing?
Sitting by the bay, day or night!
9. Are you an animal lover, if so, what is your favorite animal?
I like dogs and cats.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Poor English such as 'could of' instead of could've for could have!
11. What was your favorite decade (50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, etc)?
1.Have you met any of your blog friends?
No. I have never met anyone from the internet in person.
2.What is the best place you went for a vacation?
Prince Edward Island and Lake Placid.
3.Did you go to college?
Yes, I did.
4.How many siblings do you have?
I have a brother and a sister.
5.What are you reading right now?
Elin Hilderbrand's Beautiful Day.She writes about Nantucket and Tuckernuck Island. I find the characters in this one not likable at all, sadly.
6.Do you have a hobby?
7.Where would you like to go for your next vacation?
8.What piece of furniture in your house do you like the best?
My piano, if you can count that as furniture.
9.What is your favorite tv show?
Haven right now.
10.If you could buy a new car, what would you get?
11.What is your favorite fruit?
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. I am a closet Hello Kitty fan.
2. I enjoy old standards in music.
3. I am a film noir fan.
4. I like streets lit with gaslight lamps.
5. Autumn is the time of the year that makes me feel refreshed.
6. I was always very athletic.
7. I always wear perfume.
8. My hair can bleach very light in the sun, especially when I was a kid.
9. I have a deep violet ring around the irises of my eyes.
10. Spinal surgery added one inch to my height!
11. I really like Greek food and Baklava is my favorite dessert.
11 Questions for You if you choose to do the challenge.
1. Were you ever a soap opera watcher? Which?
(Days of Our Lives though not watching it now)
2. Do you get excited easily or are you laid back?
( I am so laid back people have to poke me to see if I am alive)
3. Can you swim?
4. Do you enjoy parties and gatherings?
5. Is there any job/career you wish you had pursued other than what you did?
(teaching, though I did home school and actually taught Latin! whodathunkit?)
6. Would you consider being mayor of your town or member of town counsel, etc?
(I was asked to run for mayor of my home town when I was 34. I turned it down)
7. What is the story behind your blog's title?
(I live in a cottage by the sea!)
8. Nature sounds or city sounds?
9. Do you volunteer or wait to be asked?
(depends on the situation. )
10. Do you have a favorite possession?
( a tie between my chime clock and my piano)
11. What does your name mean? What are it's origins?
(It is Grace in Hebrew)