Friday, October 3, 2014

Wishing I Was There...



My favorite place in all the world is Green Gables at Cavendish on Prince Edward Island.
 I have spent hours walking there and never grow tired of it or the dreams it engenders for me.



"Anne reveled in the world of color about her.
"Oh, Marilla," she exclaimed one Saturday morning, coming dancing in with her arms full of gorgeous boughs,
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?
Look at these maple branches. Don't they give you a thrill--several thrills?
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


4 comments:

  1. I fell in love with Anne of Green Gables when I was just a little girl. I still get giddy every time it comes on PBS. Hope you had a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I fell in love with Anne when my granddaughter was a little girl. Her and I would watch the TV series and later on I bought all the DVDs and books. One of my dreams is to visit Prince Edward Island one day or at least before I get too old to travel. ;-) And yes, every time PBS puts it on I still watch having given the DVDs and books to my granddaughter. Have a lovely day ahead dear Annie. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Anne of Green Gables too, but had no idea there is a tv series too. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love this story, known from the novel as a child and then from the cartoons later, I know they've had produced a series a few years ago, but here in Italy I think I'll never be able and watch it ... our tv is so low in level, they do only transmit talk shows, reality shows and soap operas .. who loves films and series like this, take his own tv off, as we do often do, alas !
    I wish you much love, dearie
    Dany

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.