Monday, January 12, 2015

Day Book Entry



Day Book entry for Monday:

Outside my window:  The temperatures are icy and rain is falling down into the ponds and bay.    It's dark outside and dinnertime for most.

I am hearing:  Wind coursing through the pine and cedars, rain falling in the ponds. Gentle little sounds from a sleeping cat.

I am wearing: An over sized soft Rutgers University sweatshirt.
It is soft, warm and cozy on a cold winter day.    Also wearing my Indian moccasins. 

I am thankful for: Good central heating that keeps the house evenly warm and cozy on the coldest of days.

I am reading:  44 Charles Street, by Danielle Steele for the second time.

A magical transformation takes place in Danielle Steel’s luminous new novel: strangers become roommates, roommates become friends, and friends become a family in a turn-of-the-century house in Manhattan’s West Village.

From the kitchen:  Chili made with left over roast beef, served over smashed up baked potatoes.

In the learning rooms:  I am studying Proverbs. 

I am working on: getting the house organized. It is slow going as I am not able to do much really, but things are coming along nicely.

I am hoping:  For people to really love one another as they should.

I am creating: A neatly organized and inviting home. It is always my goal.

Around the house: The cat is nestled in his chair dreaming quietly, I am at my computer updating and writing.

Plans for the rest of the week:  Grocery shopping and a trip to Home Goods for a lamp and to look around.



 Picture thought:














3 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, your book sounds really good. I have read Proverbs a few times. I am reading John again. Your picture and header are really nice. Stay cozy and have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cozy day at home. I smiled when I read about reading a book for the second time. I have books I've read over and over and they never get stale to me. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy reading your Day Book Entry Annie. I usually switch from Psalms to Proverbs. I'll have to check out the book by Danielle Steele as it sounds like one I would like. I've been lazy lately and haven't read a book in a few weeks. Keep warm and have a lovely day ahead my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.