Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Questions and Best Advice Ever...

A set of questions from Sadie  and I thought I would join in and answer them. Visit her blog, it is lovely.

On with the questions:

1) Best piece of advice you've ever been given?

In the movie 'Life Begins for Andy Hardy', Andy's father explains that having intimate  relationships before marriage is being unfaithful to the person you will eventually marry. 
It was the best explanation I ever heard. I was just a young teen at the time.
That advice from Judge Hardy had a great impact on me . 
I never forgot it .
I will post the film clip at the end. It is well worth watching and passing along to children as the best advice of their life.
The clip is only about 5 minutes long.

2) What makes you smile/truly happy?

My family

3) You win a fortune on the lottery, what do you buy?

Houses for my kids, college educations for my grand kids.

4) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?

I would want to be more confident.

5) Favourite book?

"A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens
(I am partial to the George C. Scott film adaptation as well.)

6) Share a random fact about yourself!

 I took singing lessons from a lady who sang in  the chorus at the Metropolitan Opera.
She had a magnificent voice and I loved my time with her just because I got to hear that voice up close and personal from time to tome.

7) Do you have a favourite quote?

"  ... said the Ghost, `if man you be in heart, not adamant, forbear that wicked cant until you have discovered What the surplus is, and Where it is. Will you decide what men shall live, what men shall die. It may be, that in the sight of Heaven, you are more worthless and less fit to live than millions like this poor man's child. Oh God. to hear the Insect on the leaf pronouncing on the too much life among his hungry brothers in the dust.'
                                                                                            ---A Christmas Carol
8) Describe yourself in three words.

I couldn't, so I asked my daughter.
She said, "smart, blunt, supportive" 
   
9) Favourite shop?

      Home Goods, You never know what you will find there.

10)Who inspires you?

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy
   Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy.  
   She lost so many of her beloved children and yet was strong and deeply religious in the face of  it all. 
  She saw 1 son gone in WWII, two other sons murdered senselessly, her last son Ted, smeared and  framed for things he never did. Yes, Chappaquiddick was a frame up to keep the last Kennedy son from ever running for President.
She suffered the loss of several daughters as well.
I admire her greatly and she helped me through loss of my own children.

The Talk:

1 comment:

  1. "A Christmas Carol" is one of my favorite books as well. My favorite movie rendition was with Alistair Sim. Great Andy Hardy clip. Spoken so well. How wonderful to take singing lessons from such a grand and talented lady! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.