Thursday, August 4, 2016

"Butterfly"

Butterfly on back porch
This cutey was resting on my back porch this afternoon. Probably drying out his wings.
I could not really see what it was  when I opened the screen door to step out on the porch to feed the fish  because I am so nearsighted and I am unable to bend over so I got my camera and zoomed in.
That is when I saw it was a sweet little butterfly.
He was so tiny and the little cutie remained there for hours.
It's nice to find precious little things like this.

"Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one.  It got on at 42nd, and off at 59th,
where, I assume it was going to Bloomingdales
to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake
- as almost all hats are."
~ You've Got Mail

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty butterfly. Loved the quote from "You've Got Mail". Still one of my favorite movies. Have a lovely day ahead dear Annie. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning !
    It's a cooler morning of an 80 degree day...lovely breeze.
    What a wonderful header!Love the dog !
    Aren't butterflies magical?So delicate and beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Have a glorious,comfortable day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that quote from "You've Got Mail". Love that movie. Such a tiny, pretty little thing. I don't see many butterflies anymore and I miss that. Have a wonderful day and beginning of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.