Monday, October 10, 2016

Columbus Day!

Happy Columbus Day!

Viva Cristoforo Colombo, ammiraglio Genovese (Admiral from Genoa) Here is the traditional video I post of these darling children singing about the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.
As we learned in school:
In Fourteen hundred and ninety two
Columbus sailed the ocean blue!

We learned the song in school since most of my hometown is of Italian descent. Schools put on plays and musicals to celebrate the day during the school week. It was a very big deal.
No school today in most of our towns here.



5 comments:

  1. Viva Cristoforo Colombo!!! I'm so glad to find others besides me still celebrate Columbus Day. I love this video! Those three young boys remind me of Il Vivo Italian Tenors as children. Thanks for sharing Annie. Happy Columbus Day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! What cute kiddos and they are so enthusiastic. Happy Columbus Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie, I remember hearing that. Kids are in school around here. I will ask my grands is they learned about him. I just updated my blog after going to the Beautiful Tour. Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. VIVA CRISTOFORO COLOMBO, AMATO E FAMOSO CONTERRANEO !

    Actually, that's one of those cases in which I'm quite proud to be Genoese :)!

    In the hope that your week is off to a good start and thanking you so much for this so lovely and sweet reminder I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you, wonderful friend of mine !

    XX Dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific way to start my day!!
    Each post is a gift to us...varied and wonderful...
    Thank You !
    Have a splendid day,my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.