Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Foto Friends # 50

Once again I am joining in with Debbie for Friday Foto Friends.
It's a wonderful and refreshing way to get away from it all and see some lovely scenery.
We've been very warm for this time of year.. too warm and it has been terribly humid too but temps are supposed to return to normal soon.
It can't be too soon for me.
We had sunny skies for most of it but rain very early today and a storm the other day as well.
Here is a photo record of those days...
as always, you can click to see photos full sized.



looking out to the open bay




 Leaves are beginning to change color little by little.


Peeking out into the woods  behind me.

Pines, swamp maples, scrub oak and holly




The rain and wind made the chimes sound so pretty

the little pond

The high wind blew things over around the little pond. Plants are done blooming. Black Eyed Susans have gone to seed.


Inside things were cozy.
The big pond, below, weathers storms with grace.
It is pretty deep and the fish can seek refuge in the depths. It's plants are rooted deeply as well and keep the water fresh and clean.

The big pond


9 comments:

  1. You are surrounded by beauty and loveliness! Love the ocean view you have! So nice to see the leaves changing color too. Love the gorgeous little pond you have. Enjoyed your pictures today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of our leaves here just fell instead of turning the brilliant colors we're used to. I think it's because of such a hot dry summer. WE finally got rain last night and today....very much needed! Thanks for sharing your pics today on FFF. HOPE you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty tranquil surroundings! I love the dog lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos Annie, I love chimes but can't have them here No tree close enough or a porch to hang them on. Our leaves are a little past peak now. The weather has been so warm and it still feels like summer so it's strange to see the foliage change before the weather. Have a blessed and happy weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I LOVE your painting at the top of your page. I am assuming you painted that. Really beautiful. Your photos of a fall rainy day are lovely. Something special about those rainy days. Good day to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea and just enjoy!! Hope your remaining fall days will be cool and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I did paint it as I do most of my headers.

      Delete
  6. Dearest Annie,
    once more you've amazed me with your stunning shots, thank you for sharing the wonderful autumnal nature surrounding you !

    Wishing you a most wonderful weekend ever,
    I'm sending my dearest love to you

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't had much rain lately but I'm so glad that we've had cooler weather. Love your fish pond, my daughter had one some years ago and I enjoyed watching the fish swim around. Hope you're enjoying your week-end!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.