Saturday, June 17, 2017

What We Wore to the Oscars!

Ocar Gowns!

Here is a repeat of a post done a few years ago....





By far the nicest Oscar gown and suit.
And Michelle Obama is supposed to have toned arms? Oh please.. look at these and compare. Look at those broad shoulders!

This is a switcheroo, but, he makes a pretty stunning babe.
Gloves are tacky though.









Sue me, but I did like Reese Witherspoons sedate black and white gown. Just so lovely.
I often think plain is better than over the top.
She needed a stunner of a diamond necklace though. Just maybe a bit more "bling"?
I love sparklies!





















And I thought that this black velvet number was  so very classical  with the elaborate glittery cuff.
Must have been prettier in person though. The photograph doesn't capture what it had to be like.
Dark velvets are always stunning especially if there are sparklies to be shown off.






Everyone's favorite eccentric spinster auntie, Helen Bonham Carter, did not disappoint us.
A tall pointed black witchy hat was missing though and the fancy broom.
It's a "bad girl of the fairytale" look.

But you know what?  I think Carter has a whole lot of fun dressing up.
Get a load of the Union Jack on the calf! Very patriotic.
Rule Britannia!







Another Gothic bride look . Even the Oscars can't get away from the just dragged from the crypt look.
Didn't she do this once before?

Everyone looked nice. Even the men wore tuxedos which they seem to disdain sometimes in favor of tennis shoes and tee shirts. Ugh.

I enjoyed the Oscars though many thought them boring and not as exciting as they could have been.

Best music award should have gone to Beethoven for his moving music in The King's Speech.
The rest was not that impressive I thought and who is it that told Gwyneth she had singing talent? Oh man... no no no. 





 Classic, lovely but no bling... You have to add that bling with black I am telling you!!!
 The earrings are not enough.
She had better not move too fast with that top either.





 I am not sure what to make of Celine Dions spun silver dress.
The emphasis it puts on the tummy is not great, but the material is stunning.
Over all I just am  not that fond of it I suppose. Its a bit cocoon-like.














I always think Sandra Bullock looks nice.
This dress is a looker I think. One of the best of the bunch.











Here is my own Oscar frock.. what do you think..
And yes, its a Photoshop but that is my head  and my face and body manipulated to remove the models huge shoulders and muscular arms too, to represent me.

A pretty good likeness over all.
And, I kind of like the dress.
Don't be afraid to 'diss' it though. I am not afraid. much.


Ok whose dress did you like at the Oscars.. and more importantly:

Now.....What did YOU wear to the Oscars?
Get out your PSP or whatever and make yourself an Oscar night Gown or just do a post showing a dress you would most like to wear to the Oscars!

Don't be lazy.. get busy.
I want to see you in your gown!
If you would like to see yourself in a gown, choose one and an appropriate photo where your head will fit onto the body and I will create one for you.


1 comment:

  1. And the best dressed award goes to....YOU!!! I didn't even watch the Oscars...I have a tendency to forget such programs are even showing. Old age isn't pretty!!! ;-) You do look stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.