Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Take a Walk with Me


My town has a lot of salt marsh and a lot of cedar/holly/pine woods. These photos were taken a year ago in very late Sept, early October  as the grass is beginning to turn golden rather than the deep green of summer.


Crossing the bridge and the view to my right.  See those trees? I live behind them.

and the view to the left as we cross the bridge.  Theopen bay is in the distance, thought it isn't much of a distance at all.

Many homes are built on stilts.  If you don't already have insurance.. You can't buy any after hurricane Sandy.
Homes that were not on stilts or pilings are being jacked up on them now.



Thanks for walking with me.
 We'll go again soon.
Today's weather


5 comments:

  1. oh how relaxing...I would love to bike ride there. smiles. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice walk !
    I grew up across from a salt marsh and small marina in a creek.These photos bring back nice memories...thank you!!
    Have a splendid day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this walk with you. Was your home/area damaged by Hurricane Sandy? I would be nervous living that close to the ocean. We are an hour away and still get bad hurricanes. But your area is so lovely. I know you enjoy the serenity and beauty of it all. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we got a ton of damage from Sandy and from the Perfect Storm of '91 too.
      It can be scary by the water for sure.

      Delete
  4. It is I who thank you for such gorgeous landscapes and for your company, which is truly priceless, Dearie !

    Wishing you a most lovely day today, and weekend ahead,
    I'm sending hugs, love and blessings on your way

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.