Thursday, September 28, 2017

September's Challenge Day 28 and a Thankful Thursday



Continuing with McClendon Villa's  Back Where I Come From Day 28:



28:  Was your hometown like one big family or just a group of strangers?

 Everyone knew everyone. Neighborhoods centered around people with similar backgrounds, etc so it made for closeness. 
Extended families lived in my town. Your grandparents and aunts, uncles, etc all lived in the same  town. 

Thankful Thursday:

I am thankful for the great outdoors which always makes me feel better.
 
I am thankful I got to live in Utah for a big portion of my life.

The Salt Lake valley  where I lived for a significant  part of my life.


Downtown Salt Lake  and Temple Square which I loved.



West Jordan where I once lived.

my favorite view was out the front window down into the valley at night. Mountains really do turn purple.  "For Purple mountains Majesty above the fruited plain.. America, America God shed his grace on thee..."


2 comments:

  1. Loved all your pictures today, the last one almost took my breath away...so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... what beautiful places you've been in your life.
    I will say, it makes me dread a little bit though of winter coming;) haha...pretty, but I hate LIVING in snow.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.