Saturday, October 21, 2017

The List

Lists of questions let bloggers learn about one another and also let you learn about yourself as you come up with answers to things you never thought about.
 Marge put up this list and I am going to join in. It is great to have Marge back blogging!

Balsam Fir

1. Favorite smell:
Balsam Fir, Cedar. I like the smell of flowers, etc. I love the scent of the salt air and leaves on the ground in fall. There are so many scents that are wonderful and bring back memories and create good feeling, but over all the scent of Balsam and Cedar and the great outdoors are my favorite.

2. Last time you cried : 
 Earlier in the week 😭
Sometimes things get over whelming. I keep it to myself but sometimes tears are needed.

3. Favorite pizza?
My own home made with mushrooms, onion, red peppers, anything else I can pile on including cheddar cheese.
Black Eyed Susans

4. Favorite flower?
Black Eyed Susans.  When I was a little girl we lived in a little brick apartment across from a park designed by the great Frederick Law Olmsted who designed Central Park in New York as well as other parks.  He was  the father of American landscape architecture. Leading up to the park there was a little field in back of our apartment complex with a stream and a little bridge. In the stream I picked water cress for my mother to make salad and the field was loaded with black eyed Susans.  I loved how their happy little heads nodded in the breeze and the color is bright and sunfilled. I love to see crowds of them in gardens.


5. Did you go to college?
Yes I went to two of them: Ohio University in Athens, Ohio  and Rutgers University in New Brusnwick, NJ.
















6. Untie your shoes when taking them off?          I can't tie my shoes since I can't bend.  So, I do a "preppy tie" on my shoes and slip them on and off without tying or untying.
Preppy Tie

7. Roller coasters?             
No, thank you.   I don't like the idea of being whipped around like a rag doll. It is no longer even an option for me anyway.

8. Favorite ice cream?
For a brand I like the ice cream at Cow's in Canada. For flavor I like real Vanilla with the vanilla bean chips in it.  
And for a Sundae I like Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce,  marshmallow sauce, peanuts and whipped cream.
In Pennsylvania  they are called a 'CMP'




9. Favorite pass time?   Make it 'times'. plural.  
Blogging, painting,playing piano,  learning, and being outdoors.



10. What drives you crazy?
Willful ignorance and closed minds.
Willful ignorance is the state and practice of ignoring any sensory input that appears to contradict one's inner model of reality. At heart, it is almost certainly driven by confirmation bias.
Willful ignorance differs from ordinary “ignorance“ — when someone is simply unaware of something — in that willfully ignorant people are fully aware of facts, resources and sources, but refuse to acknowledge them. Indeed, calling someone "ignorant" shouldn’t really be a pejorative, but intentional and willful ignorance is an entirely different matter. In practice though, the word "ignorance" has often come to mean "willful ignorance", and indeed, in many non-English languages, the word based on the same stem ("ignore") actually carries that meaning
11. What are you listening to?
a lawn mower somewhere in the neighborhood.

12. Favorite Color?         
I can't think of only one favorite.  I like color based on it's use. If it fits, it's fine but I really like vibrant, jewel colors best.

13. Tattoos?                 
I don't have any. 

14. Piercing?                 
My ears are pierced but that's all.


15. Color of hair?
Blonde with some white here and there that makes my hair look frosted.

16. Color of eyes?
Green, same color as that of my Famous Anonymous Kid 💖.
Here is her eye, same as mine pretty much.


17. Favorite food to eat?
Fried foods: Fried Tomatoes, Fried potatoes, Fried Chicken, Fried Eggplant, etc.
I also love Greek and Mexican food.

18. Favorite drink?
Water ,tea, coffee. As for coffee, well, I really just like Coffee Mate powdered creamer with a tiny bit of coffee in it.
For tea I am partial to strong Irish tea with milk in it.

20. Night owl or morning person?
Depends really and varies. I can be both.


21. Favorite day of the week?
 Saturday.I love the beach sounds,the boat sounds, the sound of light planes over head, lawn mowers, etc.

22. Do you have a nickname?
In High School I was Angie.
Some of my friends called Chanala meaning little Hannah.





23. Pictures on your wall?
Yes in all rooms really. Here is the largest hanging over my piano. It is a lovely original by Leonid Afremov.
He uses a pallet knife to paint. The strokes on this impressionistic painting amaze me.
You can enlarge it to see more detail.



3 comments:

  1. I have to agree very strongly on the ignorance #10, like that was a surprise, right, giggling. I enjoyed this and getting to know you better, I'll post mine tommorrow or Monday. And whistling, Rutgers, you're an Ivy League girl?(giggling). Ohhhhh lala fancy (just teasing ya)smiles and fits 8 giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing...
    none of us are all one thing
    (a dear friend once said!).
    My favorite scent is the ocean's salt air...
    especially when it's so strong one can
    taste it in the back of the throat...aaaahhhhh...
    Have a splendid day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie. I almost missed this post. So glad I saw it on Susan's comments. So fun getting to know you better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.