Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thankful November....

Welcome new month of Great Thanksgiving.


October did not stay long this year it seemed. For me, it was because of preparation for surgery and all the things that are done before: blood tests, xrays, cat scan maps of the heart. This took up time and made it seem to fly.
I slept through most of Oct 30 and woke up to pain and morphine. That night and the next morning saw more chest pain, far more than I expected and an overwhelming weak sleepiness. It hurt to take a breath and I felt miserable. All I wanted was sleep. I spent most of the afternoon and evening in recovery until late Monday night . They let my daughter in for 5 minutes only since no one is allowed in recovery but it would be hours before I was going to go to a room.
 It was a painful night but I was kept on pain drugs to help and they did help a lot.
On Tuesday I was allowed to go home though I didn't want to. I felt too bad. I slept up until the moment I was to leave.
one wing of this huge place
I went home and to bed. The Famous Anonymous handed out candy to the little ghosts and goblins that came all through the evening.
Today I am still sleepy, still weak but in much less pain. I am badly bruised up  I am swollen on arms and hands from IV's and catheters. My throat is sore from intubation. My groin is bruised on both sides where they went into veins and up to my heart.from the lines that went up to my heart through the veins. They burned the area around the section of my heart that caused it to beat rapidly. Scar tissue will not allow electrical impulses to pass through and so they hope this will end the A-fib.
The two surgeons who worked on me told my daughter it went very well.  Some people need this done as many as 3 times.
Oh, please, no. It was not a nice experience and I hate surgery. Let this do it!


Now we await Thanksgiving Day and in my family a round of birthdays that go from November to Jan.
Today is All Saints Day.
 Christian celebration of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day stems from a belief that there is a powerful spiritual bond between those in heaven (the "Church triumphant"), and the living (the "Church militant"). In Catholic theology, the day commemorates all those who have attained the beatific vision in Heaven. It is a national holiday in many historically Catholic countries. In Methodist theology, All Saints Day revolves around "giving God solemn thanks for the lives and deaths of his saints", including those who are "famous or obscure".  As such, individuals throughout the Church Universal are honoured, such as Paul the Apostle, Augustine of Hippo and John Wesley, in addition to individuals who have personally led one to faith in Jesus, such as one's grandmother or friend.  (wikipedia)
And this weeks Torah reading is Vayeira..The story of Abraham coming before God to argue for Sdom.  (Yes it is Sdom not Sodom.)
I thank everyone who prayed for me  and want you to know how grateful I am for your blessed prayers.
Torah portion is Genesis 18:1 - 22:24 and Haftorah is  II Kings 4:1 - 4:37.
Sarah will have a child, Avraham will ask for Sdom's life and Elisha will ask  God to bring the widows child back to life.


12 comments:

  1. You, my friend, continue to be in my prayers... I'm telling you, I'm looking forward to feeling getter, I know I will feel bad after surgery, but looking forward to not having to deal with my current issue😊.

    Thank you for the many smiles you have bought on this dark, dreary,cold, rainy day. I pray you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, you have been in my prayers, and still are! I am praying that this surgery will help you and you won't go through this again! Rest and heal my friend. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet Friend, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. Prayers that this procedure works for you and you NEVER have to have it done again. I didn't get your e-mail. Send me another one to debandjack@comcast.net and I'll gladly send you the info. I'm not sure why it didn't come through, but Ms. Terri said hers didn't either and I gave her the info on Facebook. Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, I am sorry you had to go through all that and I hope you will not have to have it done again. My dad took medicine for A Fib. He had triple By pass and it gave him 11 more years of life. I enjoyed the post from the Joi video. I like learning new things. I was raised in a Methodist church and for the past 25 years have been going to an Assembly of God church. Love to listen to praise and worship music. Take care of your self. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GLAD you're home !
    You continue to be wrapped in the love,concern and,of course,prayers of all who know you.
    Prayers for your complete healing and good health in all ways...
    The choir is magnificent and the Torah video is enlightening!
    Even in your pain you take care of us...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you continue to rest and heal. I too am looking forward to a month of "giving thanks".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie, I'm so sorry you had to go through all the pain and difficult surgery you went and are still going through. I've been praying for you dear Annie. As for me (nothing like you went through) I went through the laser procedure fine but will continue to see floaters for a couple of days and are so annoying. The one thing that was a blessing for me is I now can go without using reading glasses again and see everything so clear. I have spent my time sleeping since I came home. Take care and get well my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Annie, I am trying to get caught up here as my computer is down, so hubby is letting me borrow his laptop when he's not using it... anyway, So thankful you came through your surgery so well, even though I know it has been very painful for you. Praying that it will take care of the problem and give you strength and healing. Praying the Lord will strengthen you day by day and that you will soon be able to get back to doing the things you love. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie. OMG! So sorry to hear about your terrible experience. That's so different from my lady friends story. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the nurses were good to you. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some have breezed through it. Others have a major hard time with it. It isn't a little deal like I thought it was.
      I've since found hundreds of people online with stories similar to mine. It isn't rare at all.
      People react differently to so many things.
      But I am still here :).

      Delete
  10. I'm so glad that you have that procedure behind you now, Annie. Hopefully, that will be the only one you will need to have done. I will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.