Sunday, February 25, 2018

Starlight Tree House
A garden surprise

Monday greetings!
Today is another chance to participate in Toni's Creative Adventures,
which, of course, I really enjoy.
Click to join in
The Garden Surprise
1.Walking through a public garden I came across the strangest and
most beautiful tree house you could ever imagine.
It was huge. Larger than any tree I had ever seen before.
It had begun to grow in the dim, distant past before Noah built his marvelous ship.
I had never seen this tree in the garden before, I thought.
How could anyone have missed it and how in the world was it not famous?
Its enormous size and the house built into it were amazing to me yet strangely familiar as well.
I felt a welcoming vibe that bid me to knock.

Starlight Cottage Tree House


2.   Truly in awe of what I was seeing, I stopped and and looking up saw that the top
of the tree reached up into the stars.
You could climb that tree and visit the stars!

3.   Can it  possibly be meant to just be admired or is it possible to live in this house?
I knocked on the door and very quickly a tall, handsome man answered.
"Welcome" he said."You are very late but I have been expecting you all these  years
 I've wondered what has taken you so very long. It can only be that you have taken
 twists and turns along life's road and neglected to come back home on the proper path."
I could barely speak. I had no idea what was happening but I did know I belonged
in that house.
"Come and have a seat over here," he said and gestured to a chair beside
the large bookcase.
It was filled with first editions and rare works of antiquity.
"While you make yourself at home  I will get you a cup of tea to settle your nerves."
He chuckled to himself and I sat down to see where all of this would lead.
I was strangely drawn to him.
We talked for hours and I began to realize we had known one another in other times
 and other places. I had lived  in this tree before and I would live in it
again with this wonderful man.
No one else could see that marvelous tree , but it would always be here for me anytime
 I needed to come and I knew I would come often and
 I knew that one day I would stay forever.

4.   I'm so glad I decided to visit this garden today
or I never would have found my way back to my life.

Thank you, Toni, for this wonderful set of fill in the blanks that enable us to create little tales.
The picture is a painting I did when I first set out to try to paint.  .
"Probably back in the tree house days of old"..she said winking.


5 comments:

  1. Oh Annie, you amaze me with your truly creative adventure and your wonderful painting. I could truly imagine going into the tree house with your story. Loved it my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. big big smiles....love, love this painting sweet friend and your story. I hope you have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Annie, This is marvelous!! I LOVE your treehouse, and the whole idea of this adventure. I always wanted to live in a treehouse, seriously!! I tell my hubby when I look outside our bedroom window, I see a big tree right outside, and I like to pretend that we are living in a tree house. Our bed backs up to that window, and when I open my eyes I can see that tree above me, and it truly does feel like I am in a treehouse. So, you have captured my heart in this one! I am just getting ready to write my own Garden Surprise Adventure, but now I can't get this one out of my head! Help!! I shouldn't have read yours first. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, I loved reading your story you created from Toni's prompts. Lovely...just lovely! You are gifted in so many artistic ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful story !
    So comforting to think there is a place where we are not only welcome,but warmly expected !
    Be warm and well,my friend...
    P.S. - I like your tree painting,too !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.