Saturday, March 24, 2018

Toni's Creative Adventures

A Little Autumn Adventure

click image to join in

Daydreaming
The creek by me today fall 2017

1. While sitting quiet and still by the stream I feel the warm breeze on my face and hear the rustle in the cedars across the way. It is a lovely quiet autumn day,


2. I close my eyes and silently daydream of  times gone by. Thoughts of athering water cress for dinner for my mother along the little creek by the park, looking for salamanders with my daddy up in  the Watchung mountains by Surprise Lake,swimming as a little girl in Lake Hopatcong, NJ, the rivers and lakes of Utah or time spent in Mount Pocono  In Pennsylvania. 

3. Now watching and thinking back of my younger days and my children I miss younger days and wish to go back and redo my life, but maybe much better this time. I'd go back in body but bring an older wisdom along for the ride. It's one vital thing I lacked when they were very young.

4. Now it's time to leave this peaceful place and as I turn back and look I want the image and the feeling burned into my memory forever.

Utah 2016








4 comments:

  1. What beautiful memories in your adventure. I can feel the quiet peace as you sit by the stream and reminisce Annie. Mine will be on my blog Tuesday. Thanks for playing my friend. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't know there was a new one! This was delightful, and yes, very calming and peaceful. Thank you for sharing these memories of beautiful times past. I must go check out Toni's adventure blog site and see what I need to do to play along...maybe in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this peaceful moment !
    Being a "water person",(not a mountain,desert,forest , etc.one),I need to be by the water,
    though not necessarily IN it .In times of strife,sitting waterside was calming and centering...it still is.
    I'd love to go back in time,to erase the mistakes,but one of the last bits of advise my mother gave me,after just such a discussion,was that going through what we do in our lives makes us the people we are today ! There are no "do overs"...sigh...All we can do is to try not to repeat past mistakes .
    Be safe and well,my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, smiles. Hope you have a lovely day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.