Saturday, May 12, 2018

Saturday Nine (a second post for Saturday)

You can find my Friday Foto Friends and my NJ vs Florida posts below this one.
Joining in with Sat 9 HERE.
 Hear the song here.

1) The title of this song, "Mother and Child Reunion," came from a dish Paul Simon had at a Chinese restaurant. "Mother and Child Reunion" was chicken and egg drop soup. When did you last eat chicken?
 
Last week and once a week usually.
 
2) Paul Simon's mother, Belle, was an English teacher Monday through Friday and then gave piano lessons on the weekends. Have you ever worked more than one job?

  Yes. I worked from 8 to 4 at one job then 4:30 to midnight at another job while raising kids and taking care of a bed ridden mother.

3) Mother Winters taught Sam to always dispose of the dry cleaning bag, as storing clothes in the bag may discolor the fabric. Do you have any useful household hints to pass along?
Yes, clean as you go. Never allow anything to pile up. Do dishes as you cook.  Always put everything back in its proper place.    Above all, don't be lazy as that is the cause of clutter, dirt and lack of organization.

4) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? 
I have no where to put them.  My closet is a tiny one as is my little cottage. There is no place to store things.
 
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
Yes, my garden is green and blooming and the ponds are being worked on to be clear and blooming as well.

6) In the 1600's, the British began celebrating "Mothering Sunday." Children presented flowers to their mothers after Sunday service. When did you last place flowers in a vase? Where they store-bought, or picked from someone's garden?
A few weeks ago. They were from ShopRite and lasted beautifully for 3 weeks.

7) The German word for "mother" is "mutter." What other German words do you know?
  Jawohl, Sprechen zie Deutch?, Danke, bitte,guten morgan,madchen, sohn,freund, guten abend, auf weidersehen,I know the days of the week, can count in German, can say yes and no and etc.
My last name is German/Danish/Dutch/Swedish/Norwegian meaning "hunter".
I can pronounce it in all those languages. (It is slightly different in them all, but spelled mostly the same)

8) When Sam was a teen, her mother used to scold her for monopolizing the family landline. With the advent of cell phones, do you think parents and children still clash over telephone etiquette?
They might at times.
  
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars!Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?

Chocolate gives me migraine headaches so none of them are appealing because I associate chocolate with pain.




 
Mothers Day post will go up tomorrow. 


 

4 comments:

  1. I love that your store bought bouquet lasted and brought you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right with your household tip. My house is small, too, and if you let something slip it just gets away from you so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always clean as I go. I don't get why everyone does not do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answers....hope you have a lovely Mother's Day, Annie. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.