Sunday, June 24, 2018

All That Glitters

Hello and happy Sunday friends.
 Toni did a wonderful question and answer about jewelry on her blog yesterday and I am eager to join in.  I love jewelry.
You should try it as well. These are fun to do.
So, let's jump right in.

1. If you could only have one piece of jewelry, what would it be?

I think it would be a ring and most likely something turquoise and silver, Navajo made.
I think it is good to wear stones that are associated with your birthday month and personality.
Let me tell you a story to illustrate why.
There was a woman in hospital quite sick with a high fever that could not be controlled.
Every method was tried, all manner of drugs were used but the fever still persisted and her situation was becoming very dangerous.
A doctor from India, Hindu and knowing the power of Ayurvedic medicine, heard of the situation and spoke to her doctor asking if he could see her.
He had been told that the woman wore a very large cabouchon of  uncut ruby as a necklace and never took it off.
The  doctor told her she must remove the ruby from direct contact with her body. When she did the fever disappeared. She was fine thereafter.
Ruby elevates body temperature, emerald cools!  Since your body is made of water and minerals, this makes sense. After all, magnetism effects you and the electromagnetic properties in your body. Your blood has metal in it... iron! You have copper in you, and many other kinds of metals and minerals.If the balance is off, your health will be effected as well.

2. Do you prefer gold or silver? 
  I prefer gold but I do like silver especially for Navajo jewelry, which I love. 
People of the Navajo, Zuni and Pueblo nations are the best silversmiths, I think. 

3. Do you wear a wedding band, or diamond and wedding band?  
   No. I have them, however, from when I had a marriage.
My wedding band has 7 oval shaped diamonds in a row all the same size on a gold band. 
My engagement ring  is a one carat oval diamond in a gold setting. They look very pretty together.

4. Are your ears pierced? 
Yes they are.

How old were you when you got them pierced?
I was 18 years old when I got my ears pierced. Only one hole in each ear but I do wear earrings
My parents wouldn't allow me to pierce them before I was 18.

5. Are diamonds a girl’s best friend?
Sure, why not?  ;)

6. Do you wear a watch all the time?
No. I have watches but they will not stay on my wrist and fall off over and over. They will also not keep time on my wrist.  
Vintage Zuni made Squash Blossom necklace

7. Is there some piece of jewelry that you have dreamed of having?  
  Yes! 
I would love to own a Navajo made Squash Blossom necklace.   I have loved them since I was a tiny girl.
As a Sagitterian (no I don't follow astrology), turquoise is my birth stone. My birth gem is topaz or citrine.

8. If you opened a treasure chest, would you prefer diamonds, rubies or gold?, why?

   I go with Toni and say all 3.. why not?

9. Do you wear earrings all the time, occasionally, or never?
Almost all the time.

10. What is the most expensive piece of jewelry you own?
My diamond rings.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Annie this was most interesting. I share your love of turquoise and Navajo jewellery. Like you too I love gold (hoops and rings) but prefer silver for the Navajo and other North American Indian jewellry. My stone isn't turquoise either, lol but emerald. I prefer the deep blue sapphire to emerald colour for wearing though I think the emerald is so pretty to look at (just not on my hand).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting post !
    I like the curves and intricacy of filigree Art Nouveau jewelry in silver or white gold ,
    although my favorite necklace is a tiny Sterling puffed heart that sits at the base of my throat.
    My birthstone is garnet , but thrill to most of the gemstones...and , yes , Diamonds
    are SO very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turquoise is my birthstone for December. My birth gem is onyx and I love them both. I absolutely love Navajo jewelry and wish I could afford it. Loved your answers Annie. Have a day of blessings ahead dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.