Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday 9.. Shut Up and Dance!



I   am joining in for Saturday 9 this week.
The song is here, the meme is here.
Let's go....


 1.  This is about a man who meets the woman who is his destiny on the dance floor. Do you   think we each have One Great Love preordained by fate?
No, I don't think we have been ordained mates. God made Eve for Adam but those days are gone. Adam threw Eve under the bus and then blamed the whole mess on  God and we got kicked out and things changed dramatically!
 We are responsible for our own mistakes today ;).  While we can request help and guidance, in the end we have free will and must learn.No one is perfect and so we take our chances with people.

    Or do you think life offers each of us many opportunities for romance?
 I don't know about many. I think true romance is rare. I think real love is rare as well in a world of imperfection. We live in a ruined world and we suffer the consequences of that. Would be nice to think there are many opportunities but I haven't had them myself so I don't know.  I've been extremely disappointed by the men guys I have met and dated,etc.
Still waiting to meet my prince. 


2.   Lead singer Nick Petricca says this song is inspired by a true story. He was all keyed up and his girlfriend dragged him onto the dance floor, insisting that dancing would cheer him up. Therefore he considers this song an "anthem to letting go and having fun." Think of the last time you really had fun. Who were you with? What were you doing?
I have a great time when I am with people most of the time. I love parties, get togethers, being out with people. I just really love people.  So, hard to name just one time.


3. The dance floor incident that inspired this song took place in Echo Park, an LA neighborhood located near Elysian Park and Chinatown. Tell us about your village or city. Do the neighborhoods have interesting names?
I have lived here the majority of my life and this is a township made up of 9 little villages on the island, bay and ocean. Each has an ocean/beach related name and their own beaches on the ocean and bay side.  

  4.  Walk the Moon promoted this record by a performance on Good Morning America. Are you enthusiastic and energetic at 7:00 AM? Or do you hit your stride later in the day?

I am silly in the morning, very silly. I make silly jokes and do silly, happy things.I hit the deck running, as the saying goes.

5.  Shut Up + Dance" is the biggest hit by Walk the Moon. The band members met as at Kenyon, Ohio's oldest private college. Tell us about something that's old and revered where you live.

My Hometown, where I was born and spent my early years, is farther north in Union county, NJ and was the first town lit by electric lights, has the first building made of poured concrete, was home to The Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company of America from which the first telegraph was sent.
The Marconi Wireless.. still there today.

 The bank on the corner  was the first building in the world to have electric lights, and my elementary school which was the first building in the world built by poured concrete using the Edison method.   Edison had his first generating station there.
Also my little hometown is a railroad hub and has 45 major trains coming through daily since 1860,even though it is a tiny town, 1 mile square.
There is also Galloping Hill Rd. where Revolutionary war  messengers rode at top speed to deliver messages etc... hence the name. 

6.  Walk the Moon took their name from the Police song, "Walking on the Moon." What's your favorite song by Sting and/or The Police?
Sting: "The Book of My Life"
and Moonlight from the 2nd version of  "Sabrina"

7. In 2014, the year this song was popular, Robin Williams took his own life. What's your favorite Robin Williams performance?
 There is not just one, there are many and include  Mrs. Doubtfire , Goodwill Hunting, and Dead Poets Society.


I think tomorrow I will do Toni's Jewelry questions Glittering Thoughts.
What will you do?
 PS.. my Friday Foto Friends and Skywatch Friday post is below.


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Annie, I loved everyone of your answers and have learned a lot about your hometown. I knew about Edison but was surprised about the town being the first to have electric lights. This is why I love memes for I always learn something new especially when I visit here. Have a day of blessings dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you joined us for Saturday 9 this week! I could really relate to your answers about love and romance. The history of your town was so cool, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to #1 is very wise. Also found your hometown response very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really make a good point about the whole Adam and Eve thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to visit here !
    There is always something to learn or ponder...
    Thank you !
    Be well , my friend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.