Saturday, July 21, 2018

Gidget.. Saturday 9

Hello and welcome to my blog!
Today I am joining in for Saturday 9 and the topic this week is Gidget!
If you would like to hear the song listen here so you have an idea what is going on!

Saturday 9: Gidget (1965)



1) Gidget was a sitcom that ran only one season. Have you ever seen it?
Yes, and I really like it! Also saw all the movies with Sandra Dee and others.
2) Gidget is a high school student who is more interested in surfing and boys than in the books. When you were Gidget's age, was your top priority getting good grades? Or were you more involved in the social side of student life?
I was more involved with the social side of student life. Loved sports, clubs, newspaper, managed the school radio station.
I was very into the beach and surfing and boys and never opened a book. 
However, I got straight A's and was an honor student.
3) Gidget's father was nearly always unflappable when it came to his daughter's high-spirited shenanigans. Who is the coolest, calmest person you know?
My father was cool and calm. Never cursed, never got angry, always seemed steadfast.

4) Gidget spends as much time as she can at the beach, hanging out with her best friend Larue. Fair-skinned Larue doesn't share Gidget's passion for surfing and prefers to stay on the beach blanket, wearing a floppy hat that protects her from the sun. Are you a sun worshipper? Or, like Larue, are you careful about your exposure to the sun?

I also spend a lot of time by the beach and especially in high school years etc. However, I never allowed much of a tan on my face. It ruins your skin.  I don't burn, I tan but it's still not good for you.

5) Gidget, the quintessential California girl, was created by Freidrich Kohner, an Austrian-born screenwriter. Can you think of another Austrian import?
I think Arnold Schwartzenegger.
6) Howard Greenfield and Jack Keller wrote this week's Gidget theme. They also wrote the 1960 hit song, "Everybody's Somebody's Fool." When is the last time you felt foolish?
I don't recall ever feeling foolish.
7) This is the show that introduced Sally Field. She went on to win two Oscars and four Emmy Awards. When you think of Sally, what role comes to mind?
Her role in Murphy's Romance, a favorite of mine because the opening sequences remind me of me and my little boy reestablishing our lives after divorce. I also drove a truck and raised horses back in the day.
8) Today Gidget is a grandmother. Sally reports that her grandchildren especially enjoy "sleepovers at Granny's." Where were you the last time you spent the night away from home?

It's been a long, long time since I went anywhere at all. But, boy could I use a vacation. Won't happen though. I am always the one left behind to care for other people's responsibilities while they party it up.  Annoyed much by that? Yup.

9) Random question -- Describe your perfect lazy afternoon.
 Being by the water, watching the kids surf.
I also just like sitting around making a puzzle :) or watching some Agatha Christie Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot.  

11 comments:

  1. We are too (always left behind to care for others things etc...when they go on vacation)….I need a vacation too...wanna trade houses? (giggling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie is my true kindred spirit. I completely forgot about Murphy's Romance. It was one of my favorite movies. The funny thing is I have the DVD.. LOL! Have a day of blessings dear Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of you! I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to look back over my (gulp) 60 years and not blush over some of the foolish things I've done.

    Your dad sounds like a one-in-a-million, wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, or you could look at it this way, that I am too foolish to realize when I have been foolish !!

      Delete
  4. I'm usually stuck at home doing the babysitting or dogsitting while everyone else is off having fun, but it's because my hubby tends to be a workaholic and I just can't make any plans that involve him very often. So, I'm stuck at home and everyone knows it and dumps stuff on me. Not that I don't love my grandkids and dogs, but.....it would be nice to go more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being by water whether it is the ocean, a lake or a pond. Looking at your sky watch photo is very refreshing and fills my heart and soul with peace. I loved the movie Gidget with Sandy Dee. I didn't watch the TV series though if I can find it on Amazon Fire I'll start watching it now. Never to old to enjoy Gidget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Murphy's Romance" is one of my favorites , too !
    As to a vacation , I'm still working to pay the mortgage !
    Thankfully there is work to do ,but traveling seems out of the picture . What family is left is far-flung , also still working and unable to take time off even if I could visit ...sigh...
    Wishing you peace , good sleep and comfort , my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with CountryDew. I also wish I'd had a father like yours.
    Murphy's Romance! Forgot that one. James Garner is one of my favorite actors, too.
    Have a lovely day..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.