Friday, August 17, 2018

Photos from my Week...

Welcome friends. It is another Friday already and time for Friday Foto Friends and Skywatch Friday. 
It's been a hot and humid but mostly sunny week by the New Jersey seashore and residents and tourists are enjoying the last month of summer to the hilt!  The season will wind down after Labor Day which is the official end of the beach season here in NJ as lifeguards no longer work. The boardwalks stay open all year for the most part because people go to eat there, etc. and for daily walks along the coast. You can swim up until late September or early October but there is no beach protection during those times.
School in New Jersey is always after Labor Day because of tourism. I know it begins earlier in other parts of the country.
Here are my offerings for this week's photographs. They are bits of life as I lived it this past week. I hope you enjoy coming along.

It's nice to eat outside in the summer time with family and some friends...




When I finished grocery shopping Wednesday night, the sun was going down.


In the little pond,  frogs play and wait for dinner to fly on by, the fountain bubbles and life goes on as usual.


Black Eyed Susans are scattered in great profusion everywhere.





The sky always provides a lovely show, rain or shine, night or day.



Miss Allie Gator has called my backyard home for at least 15 years.
She is 6 feet long and weighs practically nothing as she is made of some kind of plastic.
The kids gave her to me as a gift and she guards the big pond in the back.



The bay is calm and lovely. There are cool breezes that blow off the water on the hottest of days making them tolerable and 10 degrees cooler than the interior of the state.


 The little fishing pier in the evening on the bay is always a nice place to sit and take in the breezes and the salt air.


I hope your weekend is special, peaceful and lovely.

13 comments:

  1. I love black eyed Susan's. They are so happy looking. You had me there for a second with Miss Allie Gator! Beautiful pics. You're blessed to be able to enjoy the beach and the water. I really believe schools here should wait until after Labor Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggling, I thought Miss Ali was real and thought, "Gators in Jersey? No way." I always enjoy your photos, smiles.

    Looks like rain is moving in here, the sky is black. I am so hoping for fall, smiles. Hot and humid here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely indeed!! I am surprised that you have an "allie-gator" at your house!! That is funny!! Love your black eyed susans...and the pond...and being outside at night...and the clouds/sky/sunset are always delightful. Sitting by the dock of the bay sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time...enjoy and be blessed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I thought Ms. Allie was real upon first view!! You have a beautiful garden and pond, and pretty sky shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Miss Allie Gator....so clever! Always such pretty fotos from your neck of the woods. I have a few black-eyed Susans in our little flower garden. I'm hoping they'll spread next year! HOPE you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sure where you are. But once I spot the gator I know you weren't close to Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos no matter the weather Annie. I love the gator. He looks so real! The pond you've made looks fantastic and the real nice part is you get some critters coming by there to enjoy. So glad you've made time to sit outside, relax and enjoy a meal. I always think I need to spend more time outside to enjoy my patio. Strangely enough I seldom do. I have to change that. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos! I can tolerate that kind of gator. The live ones give me the creeps. None up here in Tennessee (at least that I know of!). Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful header - one of my favorites...want to BE there !
    Love your photos...such lovely places...looking forward to getting out again and seeing them for myself .
    Have a splendid day , dear friend !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos Annie. Love the new header. School starts here after Labor Day too. Sorry I didn't stop by Yesterday but I spent the day at a wake for a 40 year old cousin who passed this week. It was a heartbreak for the family. Have a blessed day ahead dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice collection of beautiful photos . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos as usual!! Miss Alli looked so real! I was fooled till I read the caption!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.