Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday 9



Life is about learning to dance in the rain!
A thunder and lightning storm put me to sleep last night. There was a weather warning about it but it didn't seem to me to be a very big deal here anyway. Also it was supposed to cool down some but as I stuck my head outside to feed the fish it didn't seem all that cool at all, just muggy and hot. More thunder storms on the way but I kind of like them. Here by the shore we are always under flood warnings.

The Farmer's Almanac says that autumn will be warmer than usual.  I remember those as a kid and we enjoyed some of that with kids able to go out on Halloween without a heavy coat. But over all I think most people
like the seasons to be typical.  Let's all pray for a nice, cool autumn.  God willing, let us prove the Almanac wrong, 


I am joining in with Saturday 9 this week as well. Why don't you ?


Here we go:

      Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There (Theme from Monk) (2003)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan?
No. It appeared a bit goofy to me so I never bothered with it. 

2) The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter?
No air filter. I live by the sea and the air is pretty clean. I buy bottled water since the town made us shut down our wells which were perfectly fine by the way. Someone got paid off I think.

3) The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come?
It depends on what is up. Mostly I just go with the flow for a bit but there are some things I will take some time to worry about.  It usually doesn't last long, however, as I like to take charge of how I feel and let my brain conquer my feelings when possible.

4) TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes?
Yes, I liked Sherlock Holmes but I liked him better in the movie and modern versions than the book version.

5) Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot?
 Is the sky blue?
I am a great fan of Poirot and of course Agatha Christie's novels in general.  I didn't find Poirot to be annoyingly fastidious or mentally ill like Monk.

6) This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques?

Yes. I have several trophies and medals for running track. I have award pins for acapella competitions.

7) Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser?

Yes, its not a big deal to me if I lose.  I only am bothered by a spiritual loss or a loss in an argument over right and wrong. Physical or game losses are nothing to me.

8) In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you?
I don't have heroes in that sense. God is my real hero and cannot disappoint.
Humans are human and will always disappoint. However, as I tell my children, everyone is not all one thing. We all have good and bad and if you do not accept that you will always be disappointed.
There are people who inspire me in some ways. One is Patti Joyce from Patti's Pearls Wigs who fought cancer having chemo dozens and dozens of time. She never gave up.  And, as she says, get up, suit up and show up!   Having spinal and heart issues makes life difficult if I let it,and I could lie down and never move again but I think of Patti and get up, suit up and show up. Look at Patti's videos ..she's a hoot. Love her.


9) Random question -- We're catering lunch. Should we put you down for a burger or a taco?
 Tacos.. plural. One is not enough and I will eat several, thank you.

 I hope your weekend is going nicely.  Behave yourselves and enjoy the rest of summer.



9 comments:

  1. It has been super humid here this week, the temps not that high, but feels so hot. We have also had a lot of rain. I hope the almanac is wrong too. I do not like a hot autumn. I like it to bee cool and comfortable.
    I enjoyed your answers to Saturday 9! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had another bad thunder and lightening storm which was just as bad as last night's. I'm just glad I still have electricity! I hate warm Autumns LOL!. Enjoyed your Saturday 9 answers and yes we do have a lot in common dear Annie. Have a blessed day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice emoji and answer. Keep commenting on my blog because I love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather have a hamburger, thank you very much, lol. You and I agree on pretty much everything, lol, which is not surprising. smiles

    Have a beautiful Sunday friend. (still hot and humid here in western NY, sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your post...always new things to learn and think about !
    Hoping for seasonal weather , too...this summer of humidity has taken the fun out of it for me .
    Be well , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when I ate my first tacos...they were made for us by a lady who had lived in southern California and knew the real Mexican way to make them...with shredded beef, not ground beef. They were SO good, I think I ate 8 or 9 of them...(they were small, of course). I may have been pregnant at the time with our first son. I still love tacos, but I've never had another as good as those were to me!!! I do hope we have a cool fall here in Florida...I am getting anxious for some cooler weather. Tired of the humidity. I never watched any of those shows, and haven't really read those books either...but I am getting into reading more mystery type books now, so I may work my way over to them. I tend to read everything I can find on one author at a time until I run out of their books, then move on to the next. I love our public library!!! I love that you have awards for track and acapella singing. Wow! Impressive!! I do not have any such awards, but I love to sing, and I did run the mile &1/2 the fastest of any girl in my PE class in my sophomore year. That's all I remember about it...LOL. No trophies...just sore muscles at the end of the day... LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.