Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sundays are for Stealing...

Hello friends!
Yesterday was the graduation party for the Famous Anonymous and her friends and teachers. I have to say these kids are the finest young men and women  I have ever had the privilege to know.
Bella notte!
We had a 6 foot sub sandwich, hot dogs, Mexican layered dip and chips of all kinds, and I made huge pans of baked Penne pasta which were devoured in record time. For dessert there were Italian cookies (This is New Jersey.. Everything in New Jersey is Italian in one way or another. Even people who are in no way Italian are Italian in NJ. Every food made in New Jersey ends up being Italian. Even the Chinese restaurants in NJ are  Italian.  Its the law, its what is... get over it) and cup cakes.
It was a rainy day but it didn't dampen anything and while we had hoped to be outside at the fire pit, inside was even better. The conversation never lagged and was wonderful.
The party went from mid afternoon until late night.
They played games like Heads Up, etc. Tons of fun.
It is Sunday  the first day of the week and time for another round of questions from Sunday Stealing by Bev Sykes.
Let's give these questions a try...

1 - You’re in a tattoo parlor about to get inked. What are you getting done?
Well, if I were to ever get a tattoo, which is extremely doubtful as in  hell freezing over doubtful, it would be something very tiny and delicate. I have seen women get tattoos in memory of their deceased children, but as a private person I feel things like that belong in the heart and not in public display.. my personal preference only. That isn't a judgement on  the decision of anyone else as I have seen some
lovely memorials done in that way. It's just not for me. Tattoos are not for me.

2 - If you could be any character, from any literary work, who would you choose to be?
Miss Marple
Natalya Rostova
Choose to be? Perhaps Natalya Illyinichna Rostova from War and Peace or even Miss Marple
or Tuppence Beresford or Ann  Beddingfeld(The Man in the Brown Suit) from Agatha Christie's novels.
But I really seem to be a lot like Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. I recognize myself
Anne  Shirley..  Anne of Green Gables
in her character description. Asking relatives if I match the description they answered..yes.  I feel so at home on Prince Edward Island and relate to her feelings about so many things it is uncanny.

3 - You’re given $10,000…under one condition: you cannot keep the money for yourself. Who would you give it to?
My children.

4 - If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
The vain and irresponsible sin of Adam.

5 - If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
This question is very hard and that would be a foolish thing to do if it were possible. There are some very hard and difficult things I did not like but I am not in God's position to second guess why or what they mean or how they may be effected me. No, I will leave things alone.

6 - You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
A sword of lightning. I do not scream. I state quietly.. "Let this be a lesson to us all, blackheart!"

7 - What is the first curse word that comes to mind?
Dam - it. Sorry but it was also my first word as a baby after hearing my grandfather say," Dam-it Bessy, what have you done?"   My grandmother had hurt herself doing something silly in the kitchen and my grandfather was afraid she was badly injured. Thankfully she was not and my grandfather was much relieved but I repeated it and it became my very first words. (Much to my family's dismay)

8 - Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with someone you love for ten years or someone you hate for a month? Explain why.
Someone I love for ten years.   There is no one that I hate.And when I dislike someone I have little feeling for them in any way at all. Perhaps a month might help repair that and would be a good opportunity, but, I would just rather be with someone I love and let that grow.

9 - 5 things within touching distance:
1.A "Jersey Shore" mug of  very hot coffee, 2. my handwritten recipe binder, 3.a pair of hair cutting scissors, my 2019 "she led a life of endless possibilites" planner, a double ended colored pencil in two shades of brown.

10 - What are you supposed to be doing right now?
Working on my blog



11 - Currently wanting to see anyone?
Not especially, no. Happy to be by myself enjoying doing this quietly.

12 - Would you go against your moral code for money?
Not just for money no. However, if breaking my moral code would save someone, I would very much consider it, yes. For instance, lying to save a life. Bad guy:"Are you hiding Anne Frank in your closet?"     Me: "Nope".

13 - What’s more important to you: strength of the body or strength of the mind?
They are equally as important. Since I am disabled I know that a weakened body in pain can be challenged with emotional strength and etc. It can be hard to remain strong mentally when you are in pain. It takes Herculean effort at times.

14 - How important you think education is?
Very, but not just school education. Learning from others and from life and from God is extremely important.

  The Soap Box is Out....

15 - If you were the president, what would you do?
This things are hard because governments in this world are not ruled by the people we see all the time. |
I am neither liberal nor conservative and find both are usually too extreme in their views.
But, having said that here is what I would do.
1.I would end the Federal Reserve, which is a private bank and unconstitutional in every way. It is responsible for much of our monetary debt and problems.
2. I would follow in Andrew Jackson's footsteps and create a governmental monetary system as the Constitution dictates. No big banksters allowed.
3. End '3 strikes and you are out' laws and laws which carry ridiculously extreme penalties regardless of circumstances.
4. Reconsider pardoning many women in prison for self defense after years of abuse.
5. End the list of sex offenders which denies that there can be repentance and condemns people,  including those wrongfully accused but convicted,  to a life time of prejudice and guilt. If you will target one group of offenders then you must target all. Do you want your name associated with past sins forever? Well? Do you?

6 I would end foreign aid except for emergency situations. I would especially end foreign aid to nations which oppress their citizens, including the oppression of women.
7. I would close the borders as other nations do. There would be no other option except to come legally and to become a citizen who will contribute to the nation.
Make it virtually impossible to enter without papers and just disappear into the population.
I would go after Mexico and Central America, whose rulers are mostly European Spaniards and ask why they mistreat their Indian populations and want to be rid of them! I would force them in ways I could, to get control of drugs that are ruining the peace and lives of the Mexican and Central American people. It is a shame.  Reclaim the jungles and deserts for the sake of the people's welfare.
The same applies to United States mistreatment of sovereign Indian nations. It must stop and there must be improvement of their situation. How this is done must be the result of consultation of Tribal elders.
8. I would see about a national mag-lev train system for rapid transit.
9. Revitalize the steel and coal industries and bring back Detroit etc.
10. I would make repair of infrastructure a major priority and would kick states in the behind for their corruption and mishandling of taxes.
11. I would arrest all mayors and governors who break Federal law, though this is a difficult and slippery slope for states rights.
12. I would require proof of citizenship for voting and for running for any office in the United States as the constitution demands.
You need proof to get a driver license etc. You should be able to prove who you are before anyone votes for you or before you vote. Foreigners have no say in voting nor should they.
13.Extreme oversight on voter fraud.  Try to end the Chicago way of dead people voting, voting twice, non-citizens voting, changing ballots electronically.
14. Cut back the power of the IRS
15. End the CIA and their ability to make  war, topple governments and assassinate around the world.
16 End duel citizenship. You are either American or something else. You cannot be two things at one time and remain loyal to either.
17. End and go back to the time when Americans could not accept foreign recognition like royal titles, etc. There is no royalty in the USA nor should there be.
18. Stop fracking because it destabilizes the land and causes earthquakes and sink holes.
19. End Chem trails.
20. Come down heavy and hard on human trafficking (part of the massive influx to America is just that with abused and exploited children being an immense number of these people.. God save them.)  Put an end, as far as is possible to child exploitation in movies, Hollywood and etc.
 21 End lobbying by big business and especially by foreign powers.
22 Uphold freedom of speech but encourage the American people to use their own powers of   loud disapproval to put a stop to racism, sexism and cruelty.
23 Create term limits for Congress. No more career politicians.
24 No more use of  paid paramilitary to fight wars.
 25 End the use of military style police. Bring back the cop on the beat.
26 End monopolies by insurance companies and open up competition to lower prices significantly.
27. Check into solutions for rising food prices. It is unconscionable how high prices for groceries are rising!
28. End monopoly by big tech companies, big pharma and internet providers.

29. End the use of the American people and their money as the world's cash cow.
30. End federal control of  student loans and let competition for loans lower prices.
31. End monopoly of media.
32. Expose and end the  military industrial complex and it's filthy murderous wars for profit. President Eisenhower and John F Kennedy warned us about this stuff.
33 Pardon all Congress of any wrong doing to eliminate blackmail by pressure groups, foreigners and etc. to manipulate their votes.
34. Fix NATO, end it's corruption but strengthen relations with Europe and Russia for the better.35. Encourage Americans to be aware of products from overseas made by slave labor.
Did you know many Chinese factories have suicide nets to keep the "employees" from killing themselves?
 36. Lessen the use of plastics etc., though this would be very difficult.
 37. Bring back and help family farming to make a dramatic comeback.Not sure how this would be done but it must be a priority.




10 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I love it that dam...it was your first word? That made me laugh.
    I love your ideas for when you become President! I would vote for you! YES! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your Soap Box (like you knew I would, lol)---have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning , my friend !
    So glad the F.A.K's party was a success ! It all sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate !
    Loved your responses to Sunday Stealing...especially #15-37 . Funny , folks think a Magic Wand would clear up all our woes , but that old quote -"A man convinced against his will , is of the same opinion still "-is so very true . A mass change of heart would bring about the real changes we need...hard to legislate that . Perhaps a place to start is to keep our corner clean , try not to hurt anyone and teach our children to do the same...sigh...wish the process could be much faster...
    Have a splendid day , my friend , despite the downpour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Annie. Love this SS. I for one have no problem in everything being Italian in Jersey! LOLOL! As for #15, I vote for Annie to be President so she can change everything on that list! Right on! Love it, love it, love it. Your post made my day my friend. Have a day of blessings kindred spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Annie,

    The party sounds lovely...with lots of great food and conversation! It is the way a party should be!

    Loved your answers to the Sunday Stealing questions. So, tell me, friend, what are you going to do when we put your name down as a write in when it comes time to vote again? I would definitely vote for you. I admire you for so many reasons, Annie, but I most admire you for the way you share your convictions such as in #5. You are a blessing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading your post today. Congrats to the Famous Anonymous one! Gosh how time flies! Interesting Sunday Stealing questions. I'd have to think about some of those answers. Annie, I have a favor. You posted quite some time ago on how to be able to put in an image without having to give it a title. I used that script all the time but I've lost it. Could you let me know what it is? Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie, I enjoyed my visit today, especially your soap box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie! Sounds like a wonderful day and party! And the food! This was a great post, and I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should run for President...you will have my vote for many reasons. Also, now I know why I like you so much...#2: Anne of Green Gables...you DO know that I am named after her, don't you? Pamela ANNE (with an E) is my given name, given to me because I was born a red-head, and my mother LOVED Anne of Green Gables and so wanted to give me that name to go along with my red hair. That is the truth!! Anyway, I have been a bit behind in my reading, but am glad to read all of this...your granddaughter's graduation party sounds like it was perfect. I love that they stayed inside and played so many games, etc. That makes it extra fun. Now she must be getting ready for college. So is my grandson...and life goes on and on... So happy to sit and visit here today. I needed this.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.