Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday

As I write it is 62F and drizzly here by the New Jersey sea coast. Typical late autumn weather where temperatures rise and fall until winter when they find their niche and become more steady.
I am participating in Sunday Stealing today. How about you?



Louisa May Alcott by Norman Rockwell

From Art Historic

Classical: If you were an Olympian god, what would you be known for?
I would be the chief god and rule over the other gods making sure they did what was right. I would be bored doing only one thing all the time as the gods seemed to do.

Byzantine: Do you prefer gold or silver accessories?

I like both.

Medieval: Are you religious?

Yes, I am very religious.

Gothic: What is your favourite historic building?

I am rather fond of the Post Office in Newark, NJ, which is quite lovely.

Renaissance: Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt enlightened or changed?
Yes.

Baroque: Do you enjoy the finer things in life?
Yes, I do and feel that it enriches life for people. It challenges us to achieve and rise up.

Rococo: Is your bedroom full or trinkets and pictures? If so, which pictures adorn your walls?
I have two Japanese prints on my walls by each side of the bed. I have a jewelry organizer I made as well. I hang necklaces in it.


Neoclassicism: If something came back into fashion, what do you hope it would be?

I like the fashions of the late 1920's through the 1930's with the draping effect of dresses.
(all illustrations can be clicked and enlarged)









Romanticism: Do you often see things in a positive light?

Yes, I do, especially people.

Pre-Raphaelite: Which book would you like to see turned into a film?

I assume the question is asking about Pre-Raphaelite authors and Victorian novels.
Most of the best, Like Dickens, Brontes, Oscar Wilde, etc have already been made into movies.
Maybe Villette by Charlotte  Bronte.

Impressionism: Do you look for details or take everything in at once?
I look at it all as one unit as that is how the artist intended you to see it. It tells a story. After that I will notice details because I learn from them for my own art.
Art Nouveau: When were you last at the theatre?
It's been a while since I have been to a play on Broadway.  Off Broadway I saw a revival of The Fantastics but even that was a bit ago. I just don't get there much and it's very expensive.But I have seen a few plays on Broadway from My Fair Lady , Phantom of the Opera and Wicked. Wicked being the last play I saw.

Surrealism: Why does the porcupine think it's a duck?
It doesn't. That is your own weirdness showing through. Animals are always who they are. Only people identify as something else lately. ;)

Pop Art: Do you enjoy pop culture?

Depends. Over all, no. I do like the era of the 1950's with the diner look especially.I would enjoy having a 1950's kitchen.. cabinets, sink , Formica top table and chairs. 

I would have red accents and chairs and a black and white floor.

Contemporary: What did you do today?

Spent time on this article. Painted, played a short game, looked at the news online, and forgot to eat breakfast.. and now my stomach is growling as its 2:30 PM. So, I am off to raid the kitchen!
See you tomorrow my friends.
 


7 comments:

  1. This was a different but still fun Sunday Stealing! I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this Annie...it was 55 here today, back to falling temps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to your posts, no matter what the subject. This was very interesting. You are an interesting person! I think I would enjoy just sitting and visiting with you...I believe I would learn so much! I once had a kitchen like the last one you showed, with the white metal cabinets. I loved it. I did have some red accents, and the floor was actually much like the one above...a dark green linoleum. This was in a very old New Englander house we leased for a while. My parents' kitchen was similar in some ways to the one above that. My dad actually built the house and cabinets in the kitchen in 1957, so it was definitely amid-century modern. The cabinets were all made of mahogany, and the countertop was a yellow formica, and the stove/wall oven was turquoise!! The only thing they ever changed was the appliances to that almond color sometime in the 80's or 90's. I loved that house, which is where I grew up and my parents lived there until they died, both died in the home they loved, 5 years apart. Now the house belongs to strangers. Sad, but life moves on. Oh dear, I didn't mean to write a blog here. See? You get me thinking... Loved your post dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just watched the Halloween 15th Anniversary celebration for "Wicked" which I recorded for my daughter. What a great show...and what a great celebration for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Annie! I absolutely love the 1920's fashions. I would have loved to be able to wear styles like that. And than to jump over the 1950's kitchen which brought back memories of my parents home. Have a blessed day ahead dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful post, Annie! Love to hear what you think of things. I'd go for the 1940s fashions. Comfortable and classic. I don't know that I'd like the shoulder pads but I'd adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So enjoyed your post today !
    The header is lovely...the photos are terrific and your answers are always enlightening .
    I've always been a fan of the fashions you shared...those bias-cut gowns lent such an elegant flair...
    classy and alluring , at the same time .
    Have a wonderful day ,my friend , spent with those who love you !
    Be well

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.