Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Help!

Hello, Friends!
We are just nearly at the Spring Equinox and I know so many of you are looking forward to that.
 I hope that spring doesn't disappoint anyone. I am praying for a cool summer this year. and a chilly,lovely autumn.  I don't pray for one season to hurry away. That is wishing life away and I think that is wrong. I do pray for seasons to be what they should be without extremes of weather.  

Today, which is Monday as I write this, I am making wasp nest deterrents from little brown paper lunch bags which I do every year. They work 100% to keep wasps and hornets from building nests in your yard.  The instructions are  HERE . 
 Toni Titled this one HELP!
Which got me singing this today:

Toni puts up a meme on Tuesdays and I love to join in. I hope you will as well as she puts some work into these.


Help! S.O.S.

1.   If you were trapped in a cellar, who would you want to rescue you and why?
A single, handsome, beautifully built man , that's who.   My house has no cellar since we are so close to the water and the water table is too high. Digging a cellar would be digging a swimming pool!

2.   If you had a flat tire on a lonely road how would you handle it?
I would call AAA. I can no longer change a tire because of my spine. And women can't really get the lug nuts tight enough to be safe either.


3.   If you were behind an isle in a store where it was being held up what would you do?
Hide. If I was armed, I might do more but unarmed and untrained, you probably would be more of a hindrance than a help and might get someone killed. It is better to let the store be robbed than to get someone killed.

4.   If you saw someone being attacked would you run away, call 911, or try to help?
It depends on how they are being attacked. One time in a big chain store I witnessed the manager abusing his wife through the open door of the back room. I stepped in and said something. It got him to stop. He threatened to throw me out of the store and I said, good, call the police so I can tell them you are a wife abuser. A friend was with me so there were other witnesses but it was evident the wife would not stand up to him so it would be useless.
If it was a mugging I will call 911 and do what I could to end the attacks if possible.


As a kid of about 10, when a neighbor girl was attacking and abusing my dog, I beat her up, something she'd been deserving for a long time.  She also lied and told her mother and a policeman that my tiny Cocker Spaniel had attacked her.  Umm.. No. Not in this lifetime.  I and another person saw what was going on proving her a despicable liar.
 She was  poking my dog in the eye and other places with a sharpened stick , kicking her and throwing rocks at her. My dog was bruised and crying and was locked up in her dog run!
A sitting target for that evil girl. 
. And that evil girl had taken the time to sharpen a stick just to do this! She would have killed my dog had I not acted.
 I am not sorry  to have beaten her up and feel it probably wasn't enough.  If you think it is wrong to fight, then you are wrong. It is better to stop someone from doing evil than to allow them to continue and compound their crimes.
So, I got her to stop and to tell the truth. My little pup,  Buttons ,was shaking in fear and so glad that I saved her from that evil wench that she jumped into my arms and cried.
I brought Buttons home with me from a friends house when I was in afternoon kindergarten.  It was in September and I didn't know my way home but, somehow we got there! Buttons was no bigger than a minute.
She was with us until her death in my senior year of high school. She was a passive, loving, sweet animal and that horrid kid was abusing her in an awful manner.  I will never regret stopping her.

Thanks for the meme Toni!
Until later, have a happy and productive day ahead.



7 comments:

  1. Good for you defending your pup! What a wicked girl she was! Have a fab*u*los Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Annie. First of all I thought I went to the wrong blog. I wasn't ready to see your new header. I love it! Secondly your answers to the four questions are great! Wish I had put in as much effort as you did. Poor Buttons! That kid deserved what you gave her. Have a blessed day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your photo. A lovely place to live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your header is so cute...and creative. I really enjoyed reading your answers to Toni's meme, Ann. The story about your dog made me sad to think that children could be so cruel as that girl was! The picture at the end of your blog is beautiful...so serene! Is that your home or one of your neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning !
    Wonderful answers ! We need to know that a single action of ours , wisely offered , can make all the difference to someone . Preventing cruelty and stopping abuse is vital...as is knowing when to be quiet and go for help . As someone who rescues medically compromised Old Lady Cats (one at a time), There is a sign on their quarters that reads - "Saving one cat will not change the world , but to that one cat , their world is changed forever ." . So , too , for folks .
    Be well , my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you defended your little pup! I do not get upset too often, but an animal or a child getting abused would make me come unglued...they cannot take care of themselves. Good for you!
    Your blog looks great! Is that your house in the last picture at the end? It is beautiful! Great answers! Have a Happy Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! you are my hero!! I love that you saved your little pup from that mean girl. I would have beaten her up too if I was there. Can't stand bullies. Thank you for standing up for me yesterday. I appreciate it. Sometimes we can't fully defend ourselves because of the situation, especially when it is family and we don't want to create more divisions in the family. But when an outsider (friend) comes along and sees the situation and takes the time to speak a word that stops the "action"...sometimes that is all it takes to diffuse a bad scene. You are a brave girl, and I appreciate having you on my team! God bless you dear friend, for being YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.