Saturday, March 23, 2019

Young & Beautiful, saturday 9


Saturday 9: Young and Beautiful (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Lana Del Rey wrote this song for the soundtrack of The Great Gatsby. She wanted it to reflect the feelings of Daisy Buchanan. Have you read The Great Gatsby?
Yes and books about F. Scott Fitzgerald and that sad generation of writers.

2) In the 1970s, Robert Redford portrayed Jay Gatsby. In the 2013 version, Leonardo di Caprio played the part. In real life, both "Gatsbys" have helped raised funds for the NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council). Are you careful about recycling and conserving water/electricity?



I recycle.

3) Lana Del Rey admits that she dropped out of college because she simply could not get the required math credits. When confronted with basic addition, subtraction, multiplication or division, do you do it in your head? Reach for pencil and paper? Or do you take advantage of the calculator that's on your desktop or phone?

 Head and paper and pencil.


4) She enjoys Kurt Cobain, Eminem, Elvis and Sinatra. Which of those four gentlemen did you listen to most recently?



None of them!

5) Speaking of Sinatras, she has described her high maintenance look -- big hair, long nails, elaborate eye makeup, full lips -- as "Gangster Nancy Sinatra." How long does it take you, on an average day, to prepare to face the world?


About 10 minutes or so.


6) She's a big soccer fan, and her favorite team is Liverpool FC. Here in the US, college basketball fans are currently obsessed with March Madness. What's the last sporting event that you watched?


 Lacrosse game.

7) Her younger sister, Caroline, studied photography and is responsible for some of Lana's publicity pictures. Have you ever gotten a job because of a relative?

No.

8) In 2013, when this song came out, Pope Francis became the first pope from a Latin American country. Latin America generally includes Mexico, most of Central and South America, and in the Caribbean, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico. What's the farthest south that you've ever traveled?


Key West, Florida

9) Random question -- What button would you prefer your life to have: rewind, fast forward or a pause?

 Rewind for sure.

10 comments:

  1. Key West is so proud of calling everything "southernmost," aren't they? I bought a necklace of sea glass at the southernmost souvenir shop. ("Next stop, Havana!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to rewind too, Annie! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Key West in on my list to go to the next time I am at my brothers... I will stay with them for a few days, but then heading to the Keys! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on that rewind button! I usually ask my Alexa to solve my arithmetic problems. I'm all about conserving -- my aging brain cells. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't been to Key West, but to Homestead, FL. farthest south. I think I'd like either fast forward or pause or a combination of the two. Don't think I want to go back if I have to relive all the same things over again. It's better to keep moving forward, unless we can actually change things in the past. We recycle and conserve where reasonable. Hubby follows me around and turns off lights, and I go right back into that same room and turn them back on. It's a game we play all day long. After 50 years together you'd think he'd realize that I'm going back in that room eventually, so he might as well leave the lights on! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cheaper to leave them on. The expense is in turning on and off especially with fluorescents.

      Delete
  6. I've never been to Key West, only Orlando, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Daytona Beach. Just curious what music you enjoy. Of the choices here, Elvis was really the only one I ever listened to many, many years ago and Sinatra only by chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{squealing with delight}} OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your header!!!! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie, I really love your header!!! How did you do that? I really need to play around with Blogger, but I love my Bible journaling. www.illustratedfaith.com I bet you would be good at it! Happy Sunday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.