Thursday, May 19, 2022

A Summer Place

A Summer Place.... a great movie, a beautiful song and where I live.   My town has been a summer resort for as long as NJ has been around and we became a colony in 1660 and a state in 1787 one of the original 13 colonies. 
Our water is clean, safe, great surf, and there is beautiful scenery too.   
I thought I'd share a bit of the local scenery from my neighborhood with you today.

“Would you learn the secret of the sea? Only those who brave its dangers, comprehend its mystery!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“The sea! the sea! the open sea! The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” – Bryan W. Procter

“See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me. And no one knows, how far it goes.” – Moana, “How Far I’ll Go”

“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.

“To me, the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them, What stranger miracles are there?” – Walt Whitman

“My soul is full of longing for the secrets of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“And the sea will grant each man new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home.” – Larry Ferguson



8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to visit NJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seashore is great here :). Lots of Revolutionary war sites too.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Annie. I never knew NJ was so pretty until I met you! You should be on their board of tourism! Love the sunsets, etc. and the boats. It looks like a very lovely place to live. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful state, most of it heavy forest and seashore, mountains and farms to the northwest. It has been given a very undeserved reputation.

      Delete
  3. Sweet header...gorgeous photos and very apt quotes... the Whole Package !!!
    Though not a native Jersey Girl , I have lived here longer than anywhere else in my entire life !!! The shore has always been a place of joy and comfort and is , indeed , a huge blessing to me , too !
    Have a splendid day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.