Saturday, August 6, 2022

We Got Questions!

Sunday has become a day for stealing. Yes, it's strange but there it is and we go along with it.  
Hot and sunny weather

We had a very rainy spring but now a dry summer and we are in need of some rain.  My lawn is sort of okay because my house faces north but those facing south have brown crispy grass.   We don't really water our lawns here because its rarely a problem.   
Now let's do some serious stealing from Pinterest today.

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!


Stolen from Pinterest

1.  What would you like people to know about your mother?
She was very beautiful.
2.  What would you like people to know about your father?
  I have written about my father for a Valentine's Day post each year. Read it Here
3.  What was your childhood bedroom like?
I got my own bedroom at age 14. Before that I shared with my grandmother.  When we shared a bedroom it had pale yellow wallpaper with tiny blue and pink flowers on it.  It was very pretty.  There was her dresser, a double closet by father built us and a kidney table with arms on it for an eyelet skirt.  
When I was 15 my grandmother bought me a Gone With the Wind bedroom set.. 4 poster cherry wood bed, dresser, night stand.  I painted the room the palest baby green and had wispy sheer  with flowers on the windows. Windows were floor to ceiling and formed a bay style window on the one side of the room.   I will soon be painting my own bedroom now in palest yellow too I think. I love yellow.. can you tell?  
4.  What was your favorite activity as a child?
Always swimming, especially in the ocean and my bicycle and ice skating all through winter.  

5.  What was high school like for you?
I had a great time in high school.  I got good grades, had friends, dated, enjoyed sports and trips. Yup, great time.
6.  Write about your cousins.
No thanks.   One was a horrid bully  to me until I knocked his head off with a massive right to the jaw. Best thing I ever did. He still resent the scar on his head.. bwahahahaha.   I was around 4 or 5 and he was older but I learned how to fight.
7.  What was your favorite food as a child?
Spaghetti with meat sauce


8.  What was your most memorable birthday?
I suppose my 16th for all the wrong reasons and this past birthday in November on Thanksgiving Day.

9.  What world events were significant to you as a child?
As a child I had no concern over world events at all.
10. What did a typical day look like as a child?
Playing outside all day long, occasionally stopping to eat.  In September going to school then coming home to my grandmothers, then going outside to play again.
11. Write about your grandparents.
They were the best people on earth.. all of them.
12. Did you move as a child?
From my grandparents house to an apartment, then finally to our own home when I was about 14.

13. Who taught you to drive?
My father taught me in a cemetery.
14. Which job has been your favorite?
Working in the 5&to in high school and then working in  a local Woolworth's as an adult.  
15. What was the best part of your 30s?
 I had better parts in my 20s when I was a young mom and wife.   Rodeo, raising horses, 2 stepping on Saturday nights, barrel racing, ice skating in winter, camping, fishing. Yup those were good times.
 
Love, Annie



6 comments:

  1. Love your dad piece. Remind me to avoid your right hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Lear to drive in Cemetery that's where I took my daughter to learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone With the Wind bedroom set, how romantic and beautiful. I laughed at you taking care of the bully cousin, you go girl! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woolworth's used to be my favorite store. Is it still around? It has been gone from here for 30 years or better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still around in Mexico where it thrives and the rest are Footlockers now! Ours closed down in around 1996 or so. It was sad because Woolworth's had just about any little thing you needed. I had two jobs when I worked there, both full time. People asked me why in the world I would work there but, honestly I liked it a lot. The little bit of extra money was used to keep my kids in parochial school.

      Delete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.