Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Sunday and cool and a bit windy. Saturday morning we woke to 36°F weather.    Autumn is really and truly here.  
Thunderstorms
Hurricanes are forming
and I hope they stay far away from us here on the coast.   We got hit hard by Hurricane Sandy and that was enough.   

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves. 

1. If you were trapped in a room with the person who asked this for 24 hours, what would you do? The answer cannot be romantic or sexual. 
Did I have no choice?  Because I would not get myself into the situation in the first place.     If I were in the situation I would get myself out of it asap even if  I must use that person as the battering ram to get out.  I don't take kindly to things like that and even if asked I would think it was weird, odd and would not join in.

2. If you could learn any language instantly, what would it be?      Maybe French.  I can read it but not speak it much and it would be nice to become better at it. 

3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
The bible.

4. Favorite song lyric?  Not my favorite but one of them...  
"And the Colorado Rocky Mountain high
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
Talk to God and listen to the casual reply.."— John Denver 

5. Favorite album? 
I like a few old CD's that I have.     One is Himikami, an album if lovely music, another is the music from The Pink Panther all written by Henry Mancini,  and
I used to have a Bad Company album I listened to again and again.

6. Which time of day would you say is best for you work-wise? 
  Anything but first thing or last thing in the day, so all the hours in between.

7. What do you think people assume about you from first glance?   
That I am far younger than I am.   Funny story:  my daughter and her kids and I went out for a meal and a duo were playing and singing. They were two men around 30 years old.  My daughter asked a request, the kids as well and then my daughter asked one for me.  The 2 fellows said, "Oh, OK and this is the children's Mom? And my daughter said, "no this is my Mom and their grandma".
One had his mouth open wide and the other said.. "That's YOUR Mom?  No freaking way"  then he turned to me and said, "Call me honey."    We had a great laugh over that.  

8. Favorite city that you haven’t visited?   It can't be a favorite if I haven't been there yet.   

9. If you received $10,000 but had to give it away, what would you do with it?     I would give it to my kids with the proviso that they give it back to me since I need a new water heater, 2 new doors, 3 new windows, my bathroom is in dire shape with toilet falling through the floor and my kitchen sink is rusty and the counter top is falling apart.  I need that  $10,000 though it would not make much of a dent in all that needs to be done.

10. What is one book you wish you could get all your friends to read?     "Moses in the Hieroglyphs" by Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett. If you can find it do NOT miss it.  It is an eye opener.   Here is more info on Britains Hidden History  HERE

There are many books on the state of the world I could recommend.  Trouble is most prefer reading fiction.


11. What is one movie you wish you could get all your friends to watch? 
'A Man for All Seasons'
      

12. If you could create one thing, what would it be?    A world without Oligarchs and rulers ,kings or queens.

13. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be?    I play piano. I would like to be very good at playing a pipe organ which to me is the queen of all instruments.

14. What is your favorite item of clothing?  Hoodies and sweatshirts in fall/winter and tee shirts in summer.

15. What is your favorite card/board game?     I always liked Clue.



3 comments:

  1. I used to have the theme from Pink Panther as my ringtone! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't played Clue in many years. I suspect my husband never played it. Might have to be a Christmas present for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picking the Bible is a popular choice; I selected it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.