Saturday, October 1, 2022

Fall.. Sunday Stealing

Rain! Tons of wind and rain as Ian makes it way into New Jersey.. or remnant thereof. It began Saturday night and is suppoed to continue on until Tuesday. We've needed rain very badly.    Right now its raining a lot and windy and craft advisories are up but will we see a hit from Ian? I don't know yet.  Ian is making waves here nonetheless.
Hurricane ?

 
Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.
Thanks Bev.  These are fun to do.

1. Fave fall Holiday:   I think that would be Thanksgiving. I like the lead up to Halloween as well.
2. Best thing about fall walks:  The best thing is the scent of leaves, balsam and salt air.  Somehow you can smell the salt air better in autumn.
3. Favorite fall chore:   Making hearty meals like stew and chili and baking some bread.
4. Least favorite fall chore:  Raking leaves or in my case hiring someone to do it for me.
5. Best change in the home:    I put out the pumpkins, the Chrysanthemums and inside I change to autumn  scents in my Airwick and Glad wall thingies that go in your outlets.  I love them!!
6. Best tree in the fall:   There are two.. but Sugar Maple tops the list with its neon red leaves. In the west it would be the bright yellow Aspen.
7. Fall ritual:   Getting ready for Halloween and Thanksgiving with some little decorations.
8. Most frustrating thing about fall:   That it does not last more than 3 months.



9. Favorite fall decorations:  Pumpkins and orange and purple fairy lights.
10. Favorite clothing:   Fluffy plaid shirts and sweatshirts.
11. Traditional fall candy:   Candy Corn and Turtles.
12. Favorite sound:   Leaves rustling around on the ground and howling winds.
13. When does fall begin for you? September 1st really
14. What is your favorite aspect of fall?  The lovely chill in the air 
15. What is your favorite fall memories?    High School football , bonfires, huge football mums.
16. What do you like to drink in the fall?   Hot tea/hot coffee.
17. What's your favorite fall food?    Boiled dinners, chili
18. What color is fall? Fall is orange
19. What does fall smell like?  Balsam, cedar, wet leaves and salty air.
20. If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go? New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont.. but New Jersey is also gorgeous in the fall.

Tuesday 4 goes up tonight. I hope you will join in.


10 comments:

  1. 1. We don't have Thanksgiving but Hallowe'en is becoming more of a thing over here.

    20. I've been to Boston and the surrounding areas in autumn and it was lovely I have to say.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not find one thing to disagree on my friend. Wishing you a beautiful day, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite time of year, especially this year where the summer temps have been so high. No color changes yet in my neck of the woods although up in the higher elevations of the Smokies, it's beginning. It will take about two weeks for it to happen here. We've had some rain courtesy of Ian as well but not very much. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, Fall is my favorite time of year as well. I also love the oranges, deep reds, golden yellows. I am hoping that this year our colors in Pa will be gogeous, someone told me because of the rain, it won't be?? Not sure but I stay hopeful as


    colors are starting to come out! I do love all you answered in your post! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish fall was longer too. Have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love Thanksgiving. Such a great time of year with family all around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. I enjoyed your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to be seeing a lot of orange in my wardrobe this fall. Boils and chili sound really good. Hubby has made chili twice so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you especially about #8 and #14. As for plug in scents I never use them but recently was at a friends for a birthday party and I liked the one she had. I'm going keep my eyes open for one. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.