z Cottage by the Sea : On Holiday
 Cottage by the Sea

Summer by the Sea

Monday, June 8, 2026

On Holiday

  Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4...

Summertime means travel time for many people.
Let's talk about travel and holidays.

1. Will you be traveling this summer at all?
I wish!   I could use a break from beiing homebound all the time.  I was invited to go to Italy in August but, I turned down the invite as I feel I am too disabled and too much of a burden.
2. Will there be  day trips in store for you? visits to the beach, evenings out:?
I hope so.   I usually get excited for the 4th of July but this year I just  don't care much.
3. Do you eat out more in summer... do you go for ice cream or treats more?
I used to go for more ice cream in the summer and we would go out to eat before things jacked up prices so high.   It's still a great way to spend an evening but perhaps this year things will be done closer to home.
4. What is your favorite place to visit and what is the most exotic place you've been to?
I guess the Florida Keys were the most exotic.  I had family who were native Floridians from the Miami area.  I spent a lot of time there and in the keys with my mother in law.  She had a friend there who had a teacup chihuahua and it was the highlight of the visit! He was so doggone adorable!
 I liked the lovely Royal palms in my mother in laws yard and the night blooming jasmine abd I like when we would drive into Miami Beach and all the bright lights at night were so lovely.
 
My favorite place to visit is Prince Edward Island and I would love to go there again, and again.
My second favorite place is right here where I live.   I have lived by the water since I was born and I love it!
Overall, I like to be by the beach wherever I am... everything is better by the beach including the food.


9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you weren't able to travel to Italy. I would love to go there myself but have similar concerns. Mobility issues affect so much of where we can go and enjoy. I'm happy you made it to the Florida Keys. Just the name of the place has me fantasizing about going there. I doubt I'll ever make it but you never know. I'm sure it's so beautiful there. Enjoy whatever activities you'll undertake this summer. Time flies so fast and each year it seems to go faster. I'm hoping to enjoy summer before it's gone, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you can't go to Italy...and you know how jealous I am you live near the water, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Florida, and have never been to the Keys or even to Miami Beach, but seriously, I don't have any desire to make that long trip down there. The traffic is so bad trying to get from one place to the other, it takes all the joy out of the journey, and flying would not be an option. But we are thankful we live in the north central part of the state, where you can still see glimpses of "old Florida", the way it used to be before all the tourists and tourist traps took over the more southern half of the state. And we are within an hour's drive of either coast, so we can get there if we want to...we just don't desire to fight the traffic to get there, so we are content here in our neck of the woods. I am sorry you missed out on the opportunity to go to Italy, but I agree with you. The world is in such chaos right now, and international travel would be risky I think. You are blessed to live so close to the beach, and I am happy for you that you do enjoy that so much! Enjoy your summer days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother grew up near New Bedford, so she always loved the beach. I hear you about not being able to travel as my husband and I are pretty much in the same boat. But there is a time and a place for everything, and I'm so grateful for our comfortable and cozy home. Blessings, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going out for ice cream used to be such fun in the summer !
    I've recently found a simple and easy way to make it at home , with whatever flavors are the crave-of-the-moment and without the questionable commercial ingredients !
    Win ! Win ! Have a splendid day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live in a beautiful area. I am glad you have a nice view. Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you could go to Italy. I hope we can still go to Israel. We will have to see how safe it is as we get closer. If not, I hope to go to Hawaii one more time before I can't travel anymore. I posted late because I added graduation pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Italy would be amazing. I went in 2019 and I'd love to go again. I'd love to go to Prince Edward Island. It's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A shame you felt you couldn't go to Italy. Relax and enjoy the beach over the summer instead and eat ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.