On July 4, 1776 we declared our independence from the British Empire and King George III when the First Continental Congress sst forth the Declaration of Independence.
We became a free and sovereign, independent nation on
September 3, 1783
1. Will or have you decorated for the holiday? If you don't reside in the USA, do you have a special holiday you decorate for on the outside of your home?
I have a little flag out in a hanging flower basket. I do have a very large flag for the side of the house but no light for it and I can't reach it anymore to put it out. I feel bad about that.
I am looking for a solar light to point at my big flag which would be in a wrought iron holder I have on the side of the house. Then I can put it out permanently.
2. What special little touches do you add to the outside of your home? Baskets of hanging flowers, I have 2 of these light up solar wind chimes in my yard. I got them on Amazon under solar powered wind chimes.
I have statuary of an alligator , herons, and a boy and a girl by my ponds.
Do you enjoy puttering around in your yard? YES YES YES
3. Are plants and shrubs an important part of your house decor?
Absolutely. And if you can't afford them use what grows around you naturally but prune it, dress it, keep it nice.
If you can't afford flowers find some in the woods or a field and transplant them in bunches to your yard. Make it look pretty.
My land is very sandy soil but it grows wild fern and moss in great abundance so I cultivate it and make it look nice.
4. On which holidays do you spend time deoorating either inside , outside or both? Really only Thanksgiving, the December holidays ,
![]() |
| I planted this as a seedling I brought home from Lake Placid, NY. |
| This is wild mint on my big pond. |
![]() |
| Wild fern, moss, wild growing trees in my yard |
Thanks for joining in this week and I hope you will join in again often.




%20-%20Copy.jpg)

Beautiful photos Annie. Wishing you a lovely day my friend.
ReplyDeleteI love your flowers and plants in your yard! I have always loved Koi ponds. My Grandma had a friend with one. The solar power wind chimes are really cool! Loved your answers! Havea Happy 4th of July!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
You have created such a pretty place !
ReplyDeleteMay it continue to bring you much joy !
I love seeing the photos from around your beautiful yard. You do live in a lovely area! Thank you for this post this week. I am so thankful to be an American! We are truly blessed!!
ReplyDeleteI love everything about your yard. You have the woods and the sea near you and that is a blessing! I really like those solar windchimes!
ReplyDeleteHi Annie! Oh how I love your yard, from the flowers to the pond, it all looks so inviting!!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers. I love your thoughts on if you don't have money to buy plants. Great tip.
ReplyDelete