Welcome friends. This morning it is 57°F and lovely. I wish I could share the coolness with those who are broiling right now.
Balls, and Toll House chocolate chips as long as they are made right.. thin and not cakey.
3. What's something you've learned from a culture different than your own?
I enjoy some recipes from other cultures.
4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic...which hat would you most like to wear? Tell us why. Probably a food critic so I could get to sameple foods!! But honestly I don;t have the knowledge or ability to critique anything much.
5. What's a small, random thing from your childhood that you still remember clearly? Quite a lot. My memory goes way, way back. I recall loving the creek behind our house where I would pick water cress for my mother and where there was a field of black eyed Susans. I was kindergarten age but I would also keep the creek clean something I;ve loved doing all my life.
6. Insert your own random thought here.

Ohh! It is chilly with you, I'm in England and it's not even that cold.
ReplyDeleteI do enjoy food from different cultures and your memory from your childhood does sound wonderful.
I'm with Charlie Brown!! Summer is definitely going..... I enjoyed your Hodge Podge answers this afternoon!
ReplyDeleteWe are going to be at 105 today! It was never this hot when we were growing up! We didn't have air conditioning either when I was a kid. I love snickerdoodles!
ReplyDeleteI loved snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal cookies, and chocolate chip with walnuts or pecans, but I really can't eat a lot of sweets anymore either and it makes me sad. Oh, how nice to have such cool weather already! We are still in the 90's here, but it's supposed to only be in the high 80's for a couple of days, so that's a tiny little bit of coolness for a couple of days. LOL. We'll take it! I will be happy to see summer go away! Fall is my thrive time. I like your memory from childhood. That was sweet, and yes, it is something you still enjoy today. Great post. And I think you are very knowledgeable about many things and could definitely be a good critic in the arts and other areas of expertise that I know you have! Don't short sell yourself!!!
ReplyDeleteFun answers. I loved playing in the creek when I was younger.
ReplyDeleteHello !
ReplyDeleteInteresting questions and answers ! I am partial to fudgy brownies (and all things Dark/bittersweet chocolate) and my own oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts , which have been well received for many years .
Peanuts was my absolute favorite cartoon when I was growing up, Annie, so this cartoon warmed my heart. I actually have memories from the age of two from the time we lived in St.Louis while my father was getting a PhD in botany. I can describe what the furniture (rented) looked like and the time we were under a tornado warning. I love oatmeal-raisin cookies!
ReplyDelete