Sunday, September 3, 2017

Suumer Turns Toward Autumn
month long meme

Today is a National Day of Prayer for Texas. Please remember them.










This is a house in my hometown. I love the porch!
Did anyone see summer?
She is still with us until September 21 when the autumnal equinox arrives but her appearance this year was odd. She seemed fleeting and furtive.
She was hot as blazes and chilly beyond belief and she bounced back and forth between bouts of torrential downpours and long drizzly days here on the east coast.
Now we are in hurricane season (don't get me started on geo and weather engineering ! Yes, it is a reality and yes, weaponized weather is real as well) and I don't like what I've seen since the Perfect Storm of 1991 and right up through Harvey. All very unnatural.
These things require prayer to combat. Lives are at stake in so many ways.
 Okay, that rant is over now.
 So, summer was different but they've been different in the past as well and I have learned that it is important not to rush the seasons away. And we do.
We find ourselves wishing it was summer, or fall or whatever. But we need to learn to value every day for what it is.
Find a reason to love each season, each day and make it work for you.  Life is short and so valuable while we are here.
Rabbi Avigdor Miller of blessed memory, said that life is a vestibule where we are waiting to go into the wedding.
Isn't that something?
What do we do in the vestibule?  We straighten our attire, we fix our hair, we make sure that we are presentable for the occasion and the weather doesn't matter does it? We make ourselves presentable anyway!
We talk to one another about  the great event until the doors open and the host tells us to enter.

Autumn will come soon enough and do what it will do, be what it will be.
Our job is to be more than we are, better than we have been and to do all that in the moment and time we have in this 'vestibule'.
Don't waste a moment!
Celebrate the the last of summer. Make it special right up until the very moment the equinox occurs on Friday, September 22 at 4:02PM EDT.

Remember: don't lose one minute!


Want to be part of a month long meme?  I don't think it's too late to join in.
Since we are 3 days in I will post the first three with my answers.

1.Were you raised in the town in which you were born? Where were you raised?
  Close to it. My town was tiny and had no hospital .
I was raised in a little suburb of Elizabeth NJ which is the county seat for Union County in NJ. My town was a mile square and had about 10,000 residents.

 2 Were either of your parents raised in your hometown? If not, how did they end up there?
 No.
My mother was from Frackville, Pennsylvania and came to NJ to work as a registered nurse when her brothers family and her mother moved to New Jersey.
My father was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey. After changing careers (he was a chemist and vice president of a chemical company) he opened a store with his  brother in town.


3. Were you raised in a town/city or in a rural area? Do you live in the same type of place now?
 I was raised in a small town.
It isn't exactly the same. My town now is very large in area, most of it water and small in scope.


5 comments:

  1. I love the analogy from the Rabbi, so much so I'm going to enter in my praise journal. Although I try to live every day to the fullest, I look forward to the fall months, my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I also agree with Mary above...I love that quote from the Rabbi...I was thinking of writing it down as well. Excellent thoughts for LIFE! Thank you for this post. I am guilty of wanting summer to be over. Here in Florida it stays hot for 6 months of the year, and the other six months aren't quite as hot...fall and winter and spring kind of blend together...but they are my favorite months...and I am anxious for the cooler weather to arrive. But I will try to enjoy every moment of this month...September is actually my favorite of all, since it is my birth month! Thank you for your thoughts today. I enjoyed this post. Love the porch!! And yes, we continue to pray for Texas every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, don't hit me or get mad (giggling and grinning), I am not a believer in Climate Change...Earth has its cycles, does man contribute, sure...smiles--I'll leave it at.

    We were discussing how short summer was this year, 4 years ago, when we moved back up here, we had like 3 weeks of 100* weather...it has been on a decline the last couple of years. That first summer here, was miserable. ANYWAYS, I like the change of seasons and have been enjoying the last 2 weeks in change of temp/. around these parts of Western NY.

    I hope you have a beautiful upcoming week, friend. P.S. I love porches...smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a climate change person myself although I don't know the science behind it enough to talk about that aspect. I do know the science of geoengineering and weaponized weather and that is no joke.
      Science is able to cause storms and changes in the atmosphere.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the beautiful header !
    THAT is what summer is in my mind's eye .
    Unfortunately , work obligations and foot surgery precluded excursions to the shore
    this year,so far . I do love every day gifted to me and the beauties within .
    Thank you for another thought provoking post,my friend !
    Be well !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.