Monday, March 25, 2024

Mmm, Mmm Good. Tuesday 4


Hello from a sunny but cold village on the Atlantic seacoast where we still have small craft warnings flying and a coastal flood advisory in effect for a few more days. The high Tuesday is not going past 45°F.    The peepers are chilled I think and mostly quiet the last week. Poor little guys. As I write this late on Monday night it is 33°F. Brrrr

  Of course I am doing Tuesday 4. How can I not?

1. What is your favorite sandwich? 
My favorite sandwich would be grilled cheese.  As a very little girl  it was my lunch many times.
 What kind of bread, roll.. toasted or not? Butter: salted or sweet?
Here in NJ we have Kaiser rolls and Portuguese rolls baked fresh daily and I love sandwiches on these and I also like them on Ezekiel bread (made from the recipe in the bible).
I must say that Wonder Bread is my absolute favorite regular bread and makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever.
I use sweet butter because I keep my sodium to a very low amount.

2. Do you have a favorite soup? Do you make homemade soup often? What kind?  What's your favorite store bought soup?

I really like cream soups like potato soup.  I also like Italian Wedding Soup and my mother's vegetable soup.   My favorite store bought is Campbell's Tomato soup made with cream or milk!  I also like Campbell's Chunky Sirloin Burger soup.

Campbell's in Camden, NJ
3. What kind of cheese should be on a grilled cheese sandwich and should it be served with tomato soup or some other flavor ?   I love to use the sharpest cheddar for grilled cheese. I like it with creamy tomato soup.

4. Is it a Hoagie, a Sub, a Zeppelin, a Grinder, or a Hero or maybe a Dagwood?   What's on it? Oil.. vinegar, onions, peppers, mayo?    In New Jersey they are called Subs (Submarine) and in some places Hoagies.

As far as Subs go I do like Turkey Joe subs... Turkey, Swiss, tomato, and Cole slaw with Russian dressing on it.   Thanks for dropping by!

Annie


6 comments:

  1. Sammich's are my favorite Go To food! The one we've been fixing lately is homemade Chicken Salad made from left over Chicken Carnitas and Sola Bread, which has low carb's. I also have a Clausen pickle on the side. It is so yummy. Now I'm hungry ... lol
    Blessings. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize how hungry I am until I read this. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should get Ezekiel bread once in a while. It is made in my city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy food ideas! I love grilled cheese too and often have it even midweek. My mom made it during Lent on Fridays. With Tomato Soup, double yum , Thank you for sharing and hosting. Such a pleasure to be here with you . We had snow on Monday and cold temps. My daughter who lives up the street needed lunch, so I walked over with a bowl of Shepherd's Pie. I took a light jacket as the temps are moving into the fifties but yesterday it was so cold, in the 30's and 40's. Noelle's microwave is on the fritz so I warmed up the lunch for her that her sister Rebekah made last night. Love having some of our kids in the house. Rebekah and her husband Zach are good cooks. Nick is in Chicago visiting a friend and our grandson Colton went with him. They've been sending photos of the deep dish pizza. LOL Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only like Ezekiel bread toasted or grilled, otherwise it's too dry. Oooh I love italian wedding soup. When my mom was little her grandma would have the girls help make the little meatballs and if they weren't just the right size she'd smash them and they'd have to redo them..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A grilled cheese sandwich sounds wonderful right now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.