Sunday, March 17, 2024

Sunday Stealing.. questions


Here we are with another Sunday Stealing.
 

Stolen from Friday Five.

 1. What ONE thing would you change about your life? How would your life be different?
 I would be pain free and not disabled.

2.  What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Why was it hard for you? What did you learn?
Bury children.  I learned a lot about God and a lot about people. The God part was good, the people part was not so good.
3. Write about the most glorious moment in your life so far.
When I realized I had come through hard things in life and overcame them.

4. Write about a moment you felt brave.
When I stood up to someone who was trying to kill me.

5. What made you happy today?
Having a friend over for dinner.

6. What did you dislike most about growing up?
That childhood ends.  That my mother would call the library to make them send me home for dinner. I loved hanging out reading things.     That I got too old to jump double Dutch jump r ope or play stick ball with my friends in the street.     
7. Write about five activities you love the most and why you love them.
  • making a nice garden because it helps nature to dress and keep the creation.
  • Ice skating because I felt free to speed along in the wind and cold.
  • Dancing.. dancing.. dancing
  • painting because it lets me create my own world
  • playing piano because it fills the house with song and lets me create my own music as well.
8. Do you have an embarrassing moment that still makes you cringe?
No.  I don't get embarrassed easily and I refuse to cringe over things.  

9. What has been your best trip so far?
There are a lot of them that  vie for first place:  Poconos, Prince Edward Island, Lake Placid, Niagara Falls. 

10. What traits (physical or personal) do people notice when they meet you for the first time?
People usually say something about my hair. Other than that I don't know as they don't say anything.

11.  Is social media a blessing or a curse?
It can be both depending on how it is used.

12. What is your greatest hope for your future? What steps can you take to make it happen?
That people will learn to love one another and live in peace.

13.  What did you struggle most with today?
Pain.  It was pretty awful today and the fact that I despise Daylight Saving Time. It's bad for your heart and your circadian rhythm and would be even if it became permanent.

14.  Name the biggest priority in your life right now
It is always my family and friends.
15. What are 5 things you wish others knew about you? 
  • .That I like getting to know people.
  • That I keep confidences very well.
  • That I do not remember faces at all.  I can meet you and not know you an hour later.
  • I love people. I seriously love all kinds of people. Its why anthropology is so important to me.
  •  As a kid I idolized Lena Horne. To me she sang like an angel, was gorgeous and so ladylike and charming.  To me she was exactly what a lady should be like. I still think so.

5 comments:

  1. Every rational human hates DST! I can only imagine the pin of losing a child; I had two girlfriends who lost children under 18 before I met them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand that pain (#2)...I will leave it at...because it is painful. As for your mother calling the library to send you home, mine did the same thing, grin. OR she would drive by, honk the horn or even come in, grin...sigh, those were the days, smiles. Wishing you a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice skating - I haven't done that for years. I wasn't very good.

    Niagara Falls is beautiful. I've been there twice.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pain is awful, isn't it? I deal with it too and it has significantly reduced my quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you lost children and I can't imagine that pain. I liked Lena Horne too. She reminds me of my mom. We would watch the old movies together and I loved all the singing, dancing and performances. I just watched Annie Roonie with Shirley Temple and The Fuller Brush Girl with Lucille Ball. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.