Friday, March 29, 2024

Sweethearts



Saturday 9: Two Easter Sunday Sweethearts (1954)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a couple dressed in their "Sunday Best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend?
No.    
2) The happy couple is walking up the street arm-in-arm. Have you recently seen a couple holding hands or walking arm-in-arm in public? Were you one of that romantic duo?
No, I wasn't and haven't been for ages.  I haven't seen anyone doing it either.
3) This week's featured artist, Vera Lynn, was a beloved English singer who is affectionately remembered for her tireless work entertaining the troops during WWII. She famously sang "There'll Always Be an England" during outdoor concerts in Egypt, India, and Burma, even as battles raged nearby. What is your favorite patriotic song?
 America the Beautiful.  
4) Though she became a celebrity at 19, Vera continued to live with her parents until she married at age 21. How old were you when you left home for good? 
 21 when I got married.
5) More than 1.5 million Cadbury Creme Eggs are produced every day. Do you enjoy Cadbury Eggs all year around?
 I don't eat them at all.
6) Pretzels are considered a delicious Easter snack in Germany. Do you more often crave salty treats or sweet ones?
I like savory things more than sweets.
7) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning.  The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween?
I don't eat candy at all.

8) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?
Being clean and with fresh clothes on.
 
9)  This year, April Fool's Day happens to follow Easter Sunday. Do you expect to fall victim to any pranks?
I hope not.  I don't like that kind of thing or the people who pull them.

 

4 comments:

  1. America the Beautiful is a great song. Many think it should actually be our national anthem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of pranks, either. I chose America the Beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve and I still hold hands or link arms everywhere we go. He laughingly claims he still holds my hand so I can't use the credit card and buy something. LOL I don't like or do pranks either. I think they're actually cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat much candy, too high in sugar. Looks like a lot of us got married young. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.