Friday, June 28, 2024

People .. Sat.9


Happy  Saturday, happy weekend as well friends.
I am joining in with Saturday 9 again this week.:
"Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"

Saturday 9: People (1964)


Unfamiliar with this week's song?      Hear It...

1) In this song, Barbra Streisand sings that pride can get in the way of happy relationships. Have you found that to be true?
Yes, it is very true.  People can be too proud to say the right thing, the apologetic thing, etc.  Pride goes before a fall they say. 

2) The photo on the record sleeve was taken on Chicago's Oak Street Beach, as Barbra watches the sun rise over Lake Michigan. Have you been to the beach yet this summer?
Well, I live by the beach, so....

3) Barbra performed "People" more than 1,350 times when she played Fanny Brice onstage in Funny Girl. She also did it in her Oscar-winning turn as Fanny in the film version. She performed it in her first TV special back in 1964 and in at least 510 concerts since. That's a lot of "People!" Can you think of another performer who has/had a song that is so identified with them you can't imagine seeing them in concert without hearing it?

4) Barbra got her first pet, a poodle named Sadie, as a gift from the Funny Girl behind-the-scenes crew when she was 23 years old and she's had dogs in her life ever since. Did you have pets when you were growing up?
Yes, we had 2 dogs while I was a kid.

5) Barbra has always taken her Jewish faith seriously, beginning with her days at the Yeshiva of Brooklyn. 70 years later, her old school is still there. How about your grammar school? Does it still stand?
Yes, it does. 
  
6) She tried marijuana a couple times but didn't like it and the only alcohol she drinks is the occasional beer with her Chinese food. Are you like Barbra and generally abstain? Or do you enjoy pot and/or alcohol?
Never did drugs of any kind.  I don't drink either.  I have a sip of wine for holy days but that is it.  I have a very bad reaction to grapes and get a very bad headache from them.

7) Barbra's favorite lunch is a bowl of Campbell's condensed tomato soup. If we were to peek into your pantry, would we find any canned soup?
Yes, Campbell's tomato soup and a couple others.

8) In 1964, when this song was popular, hats were, too. The Sears Spring/Summer catalog devoted six pages to ladies hats and two pages to men's. Are hats part of your wardrobe?
Yes.  I have a very nice hat.  I was asked to take a photo of it and I will have to do that soon. I also have a ton of winter hats, a few baseball caps etc.  I have all kinds of head coverings.


9) Random question: Which of your personality traits has gotten you in the most trouble?
Being  up front and blunt.   




7 comments:

  1. I didn't see an answer for #3. I always say how lucky you are to live by the beach!
    I have several of my mom's hats and some are from NY. Some have the name of Bentemor, I think. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember that song, Annie, but have never been a fan of Barbara. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love your new header, smiles. Yep on the last question, you and I both, LOL. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a druggy here either. They've always kinda scared me. I don't even like OTC drugs as a rule but do take a daily Vitamin D3 and one other vitamin. I do enjoy a small glass of dry red or white wine of the evening or a Blue Moon beer if eating hot dogs. It's a treat to sip on a bottle of that. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all keep canned soup in the pantry. So convenient

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like a good can of soup sometimes. I like to visit the beach, but I am not sure I could live there unless was a beach that was also near mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live within 15 minutes of the bay and about 30 minutes from the ocean . Although there is great peace at each of them , I no longer tolerate temperature extremes
    and tend to burn in the sun...sigh...
    Have a wonderful weekend and July 4th !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.